Help!, need a hand following a nasty wire!

Hey guys, while its not as urgent as the title suggests, its very important to me I check this issue out!

Basically my micra came with some crappy sony stereo, I went the other night to plug the head unit into the plate and it started flashing (normally it stays solid) the illumination control I don't think is set up properly :S! and its constantly on too! (Doh)

Well next thing I know is smoke, quite a fair bit of it, I rag the head unit out and rip the connector off it, seems I think the 12v feed fell out of the connector and hit the 12v live or something along the lines, im not sure what happened, I had to act quickly! anyway, the yellow 12v+ live feed (Or ignition feed?) ended up completely tracing back melting, where do the head unit wires run/come from, I really want to assess the damage as I know the wire super heated and really made a mess off the insulation so its a fire hazard now, I will take the face plate off tomorrow to try track as far back as I can, its just the yellow wire and I will ideally replace the full thing but I don't know where to start.

My car is a 1999 1.0 Inspiration (Non coil, nats motor), I hope some of you can help me out and its in the right place!

Cheers guys.

Back