help

C

cazxx

my car makes a tappin noise and when i put my foot on the clutch it stops, sounds like a helecopter! lol

and it takes me bout 4 times b4 it goes in reverse properly

WAAAA, HELP.....

oh yer, when it sounds dodgy wen i start it up now aswel

Sounds like your clutch/thrust bearing/gearbox is on the way out....

In what way does it sound dodgy when you start the car?

:| how much does tht cost when tht goes?
(i lost my job this week, this cant happen to me yet, lol)

erm u kno tht sound wen ya start ya car and it dnt wanna start, it sounds abit like tht but it starts tho... cnt really explain it, i had a few ppl from the carpark tell me it sounded ####ed last night tho, lol

lol mine is a bit dodgy going into reverse sometimes to takes me about 4 goes sumtimes :(

Sounds like a thrust bearing to me, k11s are bad for this, adjust the clutch and you should be fine!

Daz :alien:

Male or female, doesnt make a difference - its the mechanical knowledge and capability that matters love! If your clever ull get a mate to sit and pump the clutch, and you standing over your engine. You will see the bell housing (clutch housing) and gearbox, going into that will be a lever (ull c that move wen ur mate pumps the clutch) On that lever will be a threaded screw with a bolt, you need to adjust that to stop the noise. Thats IF it is your thrust bearing.

Daz :alien:

RIK said:
and the lever is under the battery tray,will be better to take it out imo

I managed fine to be honest, In my opinion, if u take the battery tray off, its just something extra to lose a bolt from and have the hassle of putting back on lol. If u manage without taking the tray off then cool, if you gotta then you gotta lol!

The adjuster is nearly always siezed solid and you have to use mole grips to hold the adjuster rod while you slacken the 10mm nut off. Bit of a fiddly job for anyone to do really. Wheres Nuneaton? Is it warwickshire? I`ll have a ride down this weekend if you want just give me petrol money. To be honest once its slackened off if it does have any adjustment left in the clutch will go soon after, cos its had no free play in so long. What reg is your Micra? I work for a Nissan Garage so done hundreds of K1 clutch problems over the years.

Back