Help needed with my k11

Hi folks

Need some advice on my k11. Basically after 2 weeks of ownership its decided to die on me. Everything was working fine until i tried to start it this morning. I've done a search for possible causes and i'm wondering if its flooded. I started it up last night and drove it off my drive then switched it off since then i cant start it. The battery is fine and i've checked that i'm getting ignition by testing the ht leads. If i crank it up it just chugs away as if its out of fuel. Although i can smell fuel slightly. Also when i turn the ignition key i can hear what sounds like the fuel pump priming so dont think it's a dodgy pump.
Tbh i'm stumped. can anyone help?

cupraman

k11,s dont like being run for a bit then stopped, i believe nissan did a loom extension for the coolant sensor to cure it
there,s some info on the ilexa forum iirc

Sounds like a standard problem. It's something Nissan put into the ECU, taking it off the drive fills the engine full of petrol, so when you next go to start it it's flooded. I had this happen to me before, but persisted turning it over until it sparked.

Alternatively, i have read of others removing their fuel pump fuse, so no more fuel can be sent into the engine, then turn the engine over until it sparks and dies. then re-fit the fuel pump fuse, prime it a couple of times, and should work.

this happened to me when i left it in my drive for a few days as i was ill...

persistance and a good battery cured it though...

Yeah it sounds like that could be it. I literally started it up drove it 4 meters and switched it off. Must of had it running for all of 3 seconds.

I'll give the fuse removal a go in the morning and see if it works.

Thanks guys i'll keep you posted.

Alternately, just floor the throttle when cranking, this turns off the fuel pump and it should start - beware when it gets going though as it will rev a bit!
Criag

I've also had this problem a few times. If you can then bump starting it works. Does anyone know how to actually prevent this from happening at all besides from not driving the car very short distances?

Well i've finally got round to sorting the micra.

I tried cranking it over with the gas pedal pressed but still no joy. Tried the fuel pump fuse thing and hey presto it worked! :grinning:

Thanks for your advice guys.

Back