help!

Hey Guys

Changed the throttle body on my 1.0 k11 other day as the old one was knacked .
I think the new one was a reconditioned one .
Anyway since fitting it the car seems to rev to much and when the weathers cold it sounds like an old car with the choke pulled out "revs really fast" .
When the engine's warm doesnt seem to run too badly except for idle's bit too high . Also now and again the engine will slightly rev up and down on its own making a cool tune but after a while can be a bit embarrising:blush:

Have i got to adjust or do something to stop this or is the throttle body ive purchased faulty? Any suggestions would be greatly recieved .

you need to readjust the idle screw thats on the rear left corner of the TB. screwing the allen head clockwise reduces rev + vice versa.

Thanks for the replies guys

Think i put all the hoses back on ill have a good check! Yeah i tightened the bolts up because i sadly used y new torque wrench to do it lol! Do you think i should clean the air valve at the front . I think the throttle body is a recon one but it could have some crap on it or that bit might not have been touched . Do you grase the air valve or anything ?

the solenoid air valve runs on ball bearings inside. you just simply clean the rotating valve end with carb/brake cleaner then rotate it to its full extent to make sure no dirt,carbon or grit is obscuring it's operation.

the solenoid air valve runs on ball bearings inside. you just simply clean the rotating valve end with carb/brake cleaner then rotate it to its full extent to make sure no dirt,carbon or grit is obscuring it's operation.

Thanks for that. I'll have a go at it tomorrow, hopefully be able to sort it out .

Right cars still playing up grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: Played about with the idle as haynes manual said and cleaned the air valve . Got car runing nicely . I took it for a drive the high idle had gone and was running quite well . As i got home and pulled on the drive i popped the bonnet and the car went stupid again . The engine keeps going up and down and idlng too fast . Could it be an air leak at bottom of throttle body doing this? I just used the new gasket i got with the recon throttle body . Do you think i should use some instant gasket as well ?

Another thing i noticed is that when it was going up and down crazy i put my hand on top of the throttle body and my hand was sucked to the throttle body quite hard engine nearly stopped but the up and down went away . This is what make me think there maybe a air leak at bottom of throttle body .:(

Please help me guys getting desperate now :(

i think the idle control valve is out of adjustment? when i was adjusting mine, if i moved it open too much it starts to open & close, rev go up & down as the ecu is constantly searching to balance the right mixture.
another thing that use to cause this idle was when i disconnect the TPS and touch the throttle, it searches for about and then the revs level out.

Thanks (Y)
Can you adjust the idle control valve? Whats the best way to adjust the idle as ive done it as haynes manual says and it isn't workinggrr

Back