help!!!!!!!

B

bal

ok
so i replaed the timing chain in my k11 1997 1litre
then when i finished i filled it with fresh oil and took it for a test drive
it ran rough for 1 1/2 miles then it conked out
during the drive the oil light was on but i knew the oil level was fine becasue i put in just under 4litres.
also durng the refit i found a small chip out of the dizzy cap, it was on the edge where it meets the engine.

now when i turn the key the airbag oil and battery light come on and i hear one click like the starter trying but giving up

any ideas

any help much appreciated

sump plug yeah there was definately enough oil in it.
its been sitting on my drive for about 15mins now and there are no leeks so far

what could make the oil light come on?????

Ian said:
i guess its a drop in oil pressure, have you actually checked the levels since?

yes cheacked

drop in pressure????
so supposing some part of the engine wasnt sealed properly then the oil light would come on.
it looks like im stripping the engine again, doesnt it

just put a spanner to the crankshaft and it doesnt turn at all!!!!!
so stripped half the engine, got tired, quit and will start tomorrow
hope everthing in there isnt shredded

Sorry to hear that bal, but it does sound like an engine seizure, has the camchain snapped ? if it has then it could be caught around the crank pulley locking it solid.

Nice way to sieze the engine. I assume you only just rebuilt it? Possibility of oil pump failure I guess?

Or something worse... Did you remove any plugs/coverings from the oil filter?

ok so today i stripped it cheacked all sprockets for damage cheacked the tensioners the chains were still in place and everything looked good.

but im still getting the same problem as above and the engine wont turn over.

im guessing the last time it was drove the oil pump wasnt working and so oil inside the engine has dried up and seized the engine solid. and thats why nothing is turning.
if this is the problem is there anything i can do or is the engine wrote off?

sonic : everything is in order inside the engine

Put some diesel in the bores and leave it for a couple of days, it will help free it off so that you can dismantle it further, once turning over by hand you can make a better desision on how bad it is, hope its not bad news matey.

Back