Weird help

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
Ok so i got a new battery and it is a correct battery, but everytime i turn off the car i can hear bubbling and fizzing through the bonnet, :S
Also the electrics are playing up a little the rev counter is being erratic but is fine once the car is warmed up and the horn shounds real crap, and keeps blowing fuses any ideas?
Ive also got a for light relay setup could that be effecting anything?
The car is running really rough aswell, chugging low end then comes back when you give it some, just changed the oil aswell, i cant decide whats going on! :mad:

the bubbling sound will be the battery boiling. that means that there is a short somewhere, problaby the same thing that killed the last battery.

OMG well something is bad becuase the battery just blew a hole in it boiled to hell the car runs like a pig, its messed i need to know whats happening! :(

dont no if this is stupid but you did have the connectors on the right side didnt you so teh battery wasnt connected up wrong so the + was connected to the + and wasnt so the + was attatched to the -

dont no if this is stupid but you did have the connectors on the right side didnt you so teh battery wasnt connected up wrong so the + was connected to the + and wasnt so the + was attatched to the -

the negative terminal is designed so it wont fit on the positive

OMG well something is bad becuase the battery just blew a hole in it boiled to hell the car runs like a pig, its messed i need to know whats happening! :(

you will have to fault find. you have a negative wire coming from the battery to the chassis of the car. check that is in good working order with no rust on it or around the contacts.

then you have 3 wires leaving the positive terminal. one thick wire to the starter motor, which should have no damage to it in any way and be on a clean contact. if this touches any metal part of the car it will blow the battery. the next two wires you have are white wires with a red stripe. they are fairly thick and go all the way into the fuseboxes, i believe one goes to the fuse box infront of the battery and the other one heads on down the drivers wing into the back of the fusebox in the car. these wires must also be intact as they carry unfused voltage.

what fuses are blowing, because it will be a problem with what ever device that covers as to why it blows.

if you are not able to do this you will need to take it to someone who can because it is dangerous, you could easily hurt yourself if your battery is boiling.

DO NOT put a new battery in there, you should have disconnected it from the moment it started to bubble, you are very lucky to still have a car with all that hydrogen gas building up under the bonet.

DO NOT run the car either, obviously there is something seriously wrong with it,

bring up the fault codes on the ECU and find out what it thinks is wrong and then check it.

Back