help!

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
seems my micra has a problem.
every time i pull away from a stop the car nearly stalls and needs full throttle to pull away it then starts to move revs soar and then it judders forward then it judders when changing up and seems to be running rough. it runs fine in neutral and reverse :down: also there was a knocking from the front passengers wheels arch area when taking up drive before please help

bet them wheels arnt helping with the knocking!

as for the judering make sure all the vacum pipes are on and the inlet manifold isnt leaking.

lol its get o.e steelies on at the moment. is it possibe a low battery could cause it to lose power as i took car out yestrday and it ran fine but as soon as i turned my sound system on it started sounding rough could it be draining to much power?

unlikely that its your battery, the battery is only used to start the car or when your playing the stereo with the engine off, if its struggling with something like that it could be the alternator giving up, but you would know as pretty soon there would be no charge in the battery when you go to start it up. and also as the alternator would be providing the power to the stereo while your driving. ive got a problem with my engine juddering too but still havent found out what it is, changed quite a few service items on it but still no good :down:

well if you take your car to a garage and get them to put an altemeter on the battery thatll tell you if the alternator is faulty, theyll check it with the engine running and then start turning lights etc on, the reading should always stay in the charge area. as for the juddering im stuck too, changing the fuel filter and spark plugs worked for a few days then it started doing it again, seriously just considering dropping a new engine in

Back