Help with uni?

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Ok, i'm in my first year of my BEd primary teaching course and my first exam's coming up next week!

Here's the two questions:

1.Distinctions between subjects are artificial.
There is no such thing as a discrete subject in the modern Primary Curriculum.
Discuss.

2. The Primary CUrriculum aims to be effective in developing children's understanding of themselves and the world.
Critically examine it's success in the light of the rate of change in contemporary society.

so really, Q.1 is about cross-0curricular activity, and Q.2 is about child devlopment in relation to the world's development.

Looking really for anyone that can put forward some help in my writing of a response to the two questions.

Cheers.

my first exam of my final year just passed, and i wish i had seen the questions in advance, i wouldnt have bothered turning up!

look through your lecture notes and do some background research is all i can suggest, im not doing my PGCE til september :p

my god seems like a lot of people are going into teaching, is it because of the £3000 golden hello scheme?

i'll leave the questions to the more capables, good luck with exam mate.

Ok, i'm in my first year of my BEd primary teaching course and my first exam's coming up next week!

Here's the two questions:

1.Distinctions between subjects are artificial.
There is no such thing as a discrete subject in the modern Primary Curriculum.
Discuss.

so really, Q.1 is about cross-0curricular activity,

Would that be how you tie different 'subjects' into each other or how teaching at primary should echo better with real life, where there is less distinction between pure discipline groups?

2. The Primary CUrriculum aims to be effective in developing children's understanding of themselves and the world.
Critically examine it's success in the light of the rate of change in contemporary society.

and Q.2 is about child devlopment in relation to the world's development.

Cheers.

Out of my depth but maybe look at tieing what you have learnt to varying theories on early stage cognative development and the suitability of the primary curriculum to deliver its goals, if indeed the goals can be fixed in todays fast moving world.

I hope you've got the grounding to pad out a suitable answer, I presume you'll be putting together an essay plan or two, maybe get a lecturer to go over it and make sure your in the right area with your answers.

Pete

thanks a lot for that bit of help Pete. I've come up with a few basic idea's which i just need to develop a bit tonight.

Here's hoping it goes ok, and if not, bring on the re-sit!

Back