help with d2'S

Shero

Ex. Club Member
so half way through fitting these and got a few questions......

and do i need to use the original top mount on the fronts???
if i do it needs modded as it duznt fit round thetop of the coilies rite.
dsc00443y.jpg

hope you all like my brilliant labeling tekniques. haaa :D

so ,can someone tell me what bits of in the picture im meant to use and the order the go in, theres a few
ways i think would work, but dont want to get it wrong. lol.
dsc00451copy.jpg

parts 1&2 are the original bits, 1 is the top rubber
which sits under the rear top mounting hole.

part 2
is the nut rubber and cup which sit at the top of the
mount. ... do i use these???

part 3,4&5 all came with the kit and i have the same ammount for the other side.

if you can help please give me info, if not, well atleast say hi! haaaa

:D

chhers peepz.(Y)

i would use the ones from the kit personally
washer, rubber, sleeve (if it fits) wheelarch, rubber, washer, nut :)

yeh, i think its the best idea, i just didnt know as the instructions for these are a joke and explain nothing. so i didnt no if i needed old parts too.

cheers frank

yeah you need to keep the D2 version on, as for one theyre pillow ball mounts and better than stock. :)

You dont need to change anything over as both the fronts and rear come with everything you need.

I think parts 2 are stock rear shockers parts...arent they? :D

parts 3, 4 and 5 are all related to the D2 rear shocker portion, the metal tube sists inside the rubber bush and is used to set a max tight setting between the strut and washer, which sits on top the rubber bush, which in turn has the nut on top of it :)

While im here the big bolt / metal disc that you'll have found are for the rears and go on the outside of the rear axle and assist in bolting the threaded cup portion to the axle. :) Also make sure you preload the rear springs properly...cos if you remove the lock rings you'll have no preload and the springs can jump out of the seats. :)

Just thought i'd tell you as i spent awhile staring at all the bits before i figured it out.

i think i worded my first picture rong, i just didnt know if the black cover bit had to go on top of the d2 bit. anyway, fronts are sorted now! :D

and also solarice...... is it ok taking the lockrings out, i was looking at them but the spring is a bit flat and duznt look like it would sit proplerly on the cup thing? do you still have the lock rings on yours???

and cheers mickey! info solved all problems!

Cheers folks, and a special thanks to alexx for his hi! :D

I did remove one of the lockrings originally on the backs (the top one, so there would still be a flat)...but there wasnt any preload so when the car was jacked up the springs fell out, something id suspect would also be possible when driving :eek:

Id reckon for keeping the springs in place on the lowest ride height youd want the lockrings something like 25% up from the base...but i had to trial and error it :)

So now both of the lockrings are back on.

another question,

It sort of panhard rod related i think.
The rear offside spring sits at a bit of an angel when the car is dropped, how do you adjust the panhard rod to get it right.
obviusly it totaly canges how it sits when its jacked up and i think its too long at the minit, but how do you shorten it and then get it over the bottom stud bit?? help please! ??/

Back