help with brake upgrade

superls

K10 Tuner
right a bit of background,

me mates got a 1.4 almera, tried one of my 13 inch steelies on it and it fit with good clearance over the brakes.

so in the meantime,

i bought a pair of k11 hubs and a pair of 1.6 almera calipers and cariers.

side note, went to a motor factors and the 1.4 and 1.6 disks and pads are the same. brakeparts website says that the 1.4 and 1.6 calipers are identical. finaly, nissan fast give the same part number fot the 1.4 and 1.6 calipers.

back on topic, ive fitted the k11 hubs and the almera 1.6 calipers together and they dont fit behind my 13 inch steelies.

please help i cant figure it out.

Perhaps the Almera brakes you got were uprated and bigger?
Compare them to you mates to see if they are bigger or not.

Could it be that they are sitting slightly differently on the hubs??

K11 hubs and N15?? hubs may both take the calipper but it may be sitting slightly furhter out/differet angle and causing the wheel not to fit.

As far as I know both the 1.4 and 1.6 brakes are the same!

frank, ive scaned throught the haynes for the almera and it gives dfferent size disks, 1 for abs and 1 for non abs, also the guy at the motor factors asked me if it had abs as they were different.

the calipers were off of a non abs car also,

ollie, i have also been lead to believe that the 1.4 and 1.6 brakes are the same, (from the sources listed i the first post). and that is a good point about them sitting differently,

this morning i asembled the whole of the brakes with the disks pads everything, and the diska sont seem big enough for the calipers only about 3/4 of the pad is touching the disk, so im thinking nw that the car i tok the caipers off of had uprated brakes, possibly sr20 brakes??? as they are somewhat bigger.

so maybe ive got some 2 litre brakes and not the 1.4/1.6 ones i wanted???

LATEST NEWS

i think ive sused out why they wont fit, firstly a shout out to frank you are right and i am wrong and thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

apparently on the early almeras they fitted 232mm disks and on the later ones they fitted the 247mm ones and my mates car being a p reg he has the early size brakes and mine are off of a 99 car so are the later size, hence the reason my wheels fit my mates car and not the later type brakes i have, hopefully that is.

so as of now i have 2 recon almera 1.6 99 plate front calipers on offer for sale, with the carriers, just gon throught a strip down and general overhaul and clean up, they are finishged in a rather fetching red paint,

Back