Micra brake upgrade

k6pfs

Ex. Club Member
Hi all,

Will a set of NISSAN ALMERA P REG pair of front calipers off a 1.6 sri fit a k11 micra?

If so what do I have to do, I have found the guide that says I just need a washer for the GTIr calipers is it that simple? And what size disc and pads should I run, im looking to keep 13" rims on the car so please keep that in mind.

I was looking to run these as they are a Diameter - 240mm and the standard micra is 239mm.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EBC-NISSAN-10...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

What do you think?

superls

K10 Tuner
if your looking to keep the 13" rims you need the brake setup of the early 14. almera with the slightly smaller 232mm disks, where as the 1.6 almera will have 247mm disks, which do not fit behind 13 inch rims, as ive tried.

the only thing you will need is a 1mm ish washer under each bolt to space the caliper forward a bit.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
you can not run sunny/pulsar GTIR/almera GTI calipers behind 13" wheels as they dont fit, but they will fit behind 14'' wheels. and yes all you need a washers to space the caliper from the disc :)

n14 sunny 1.4 or 1.6 fit, same as early almera n15 ones iirc.

the only trouble i have with both these set ups is that they dont have postioning screws with them beeing off a diffrent car...so some times the disc catches on the caliper and grinds the inside of caliper!

altough this can be solved with lining the discs up then getting someone to hold on the brakes when you put the front wheels on ;) but i find it a hasstle lol.

iam using standard pads with uprated grovved GTIR discs and calipers and the pads are still fine after a good 2year!! and they have taken some abuse lol.

frank

Club Member
k6, i had sunny vented discs on my super s, the 13" ally,s cleared ok but the steely,s fouled slightly (i linished a smidgen off iirc :grinning:)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
my sunny calipers/discs are currently behind 13" steelies and its been driven on the road a few times. I'll admit theres not alot of room between them, but they still fit. :)

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
i've managed to fit my bbs 13 over the gtir setup so certain 13 will fit the gtir setup

i doubt it (not calling you a lier though lol) but the GTIR setup with the 14'' wheels is very very tight, theres only a 5mm ish gap bettween the wheel and caliper!! it would deffo rub on the alloy with 13'' wheels...

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
i doubt it (not calling you a lier though lol) but the GTIR setup with the 14'' wheels is very very tight, theres only a 5mm ish gap bettween the wheel and caliper!! it would deffo rub on the alloy with 13'' wheels...

Agreed GTi-R wheels barely leave room for a Rizla between the caliper and the rim.

Are you sure that those BBS are 13" and the brakes GTi-R?

ye very sure took the brakes off a gtir myself and they have the right codes on the callipers aswell.

here it is
DSCF0397.jpg

OP
OP
K

k6pfs

Ex. Club Member
Hi thanks for the reply, right just to clear a few things up,

Nissan 100NX calipers fit a k11 and you can fit a 13" rim, I know because I have fitted them to another micra!

Nissan GITR / GTI Sunny/ pulsar / Almera calipers fit a k11 and can only fit a min 14" (above picture exception to the rules) I know because I have fitted them to another micra!

I have a set of 1.6SRI Almera calipers, Now are they the same as the 100NX? or are the later ones and if so will they fit a 13" rim?