Help wanted buying a micra

V

VladCFC

I looking at buying a micra s11 i think it is. I wass lookin at the SR, SI or Super S 1.3. What sort of performance can i expect. Fuel consumption and reliabilty

The 1.3 Micras have 75bhp as standard. They're very reliable cars with the only regular problems which you should check are

Rusty crossmember & Rusty sills, and anything else you'd generally check in a car. The throttlebodies i believe generally cause most known k11 problems but these can be easily replaced for another. Another issue is the heater system stops working but the electronic card which controls that can be replaced too.

Also, have a search through the k11 sections. Lots of useful information in those.

And welcome to the site!

Arnold

Cheers for moving it am having bad look with cars had a fiat cinquencto sportign then a 1.4 206 everyone gone major on me. So looking ofr a quick small car. So which is the better Si SR or super S

I'l let other members answer that one! im more of a K10 man myself :) Both the SR and Super S are simular in appearance and as quick as each other - so someone with a bit more knowledge of them can explain the differences :)

the Si will be newer so in theory will have less wear and tear.....

however i personally would go for the SR its a newer version of the Super S. also these are the best looking micras imo.

all good choices tho :)

no sr sounded better from 3rd of september wen i picked the 160sr up ,,haha :p

i like the old style dash and seats etc,,on the super s

160sr is the k12 with a 1.6 engine :D

ive heard its a beast but think its just gossip :p

Ive had 2 SR's. Very nice for the price. If something where to happen to my baby i would definetly consider an Si, but prefer the looks of the SR/Super S

i just got a none 'sporty' modle micra, a 1.3 GX. Same power as the other 3 and mine is a great car for the cash. You usually pay more for the supers/sr because people seem to think they are some sort of super micra with more power then a regular one..... fools :)

Ian said:
i just got a none 'sporty' modle micra, a 1.3 GX. Same power as the other 3 and mine is a great car for the cash. You usually pay more for the supers/sr because people seem to think they are some sort of super micra with more power then a regular one..... fools :)
Fools? *snigger* I bought my SR for the sporty look and the fact there are not many black K11s on the road.
I paid £1500 for a 97 model with 56k on the clock which may have been a bit over the odds, but I got what I wanted and I don't consider that foolish.

ITs all about opion i know all the 1.3 as exactly the same. but extior i just want some nice wheels as i feel styling on sportier ones are sound (for the time been) am more and music and engine person rather have somethin tht looks half descent and shifts like poo of a shovle and cos am 17 insursnce is good and they got a fairly descesent kick to em. had a Feista, Cinq sporting, 206 and all where lemons had nowt but bad luck

James said:
Fools? *snigger* I bought my SR for the sporty look and the fact there are not many black K11s on the road.
I paid £1500 for a 97 model with 56k on the clock which may have been a bit over the odds, but I got what I wanted and I don't consider that foolish.

No James its a good price I think. I paid 1650 for mine with 71k. Black SR's are very sexy. I would pay more for Super S / SR for the bumpers, spoiler, MUCH better seats, electric windows.... Ian do you prefer the looks of your GX or Super S?

you either buy a super s /sr and be done with it

or buy a gx/L/Lx,,etc and make threads in buy and sell..*wanted super s bumpers and spoiler*

super s /sr are about the same price as other models on the road,so why not?

James said:

you took that way out of context James. I mean fools in the fact that people think the supers/sr is faster then a regular micra. If anything the opposite is true cos of less weight.

Back