Help buying a K11 Please

Jny*Jon

Ex. Club Member
Hello all its been a looooooooooooong time since i have been on here!!

I am looking to buy a K11 with the money i make on my ford maverick beast, currently on ebay :p

I have found a couple round my area that have MOT tax and at most have 80k on the clock. They are between 1994 and 1997.

Can you tell me which K11's have power steering and give me any other practical advice on buying a K11. I know that the arches can rust so i will inspect them when i view but is there anything else obvious i should be looking for??

Thank you
Jenny x

I have found a 1994 one in purple 5 door 50,000miles no dents but slight fading to paintwork on one of the rear doors. MOT till Mar2011 and it is having tax put on it before its sold they are asking £450

No PAS or electric Windows though but it is a nice little 998cc

What do you guys think?? what should i be looking for when i go and view and is that good money?

Thats not bad for a 1994, and if they're genuine miles then thats pretty good indeed, paintwork fading can be quite hapily restored sometimes (Might just need a clean),

No pas is fine because the sstand alone steering is good,

If i was looking for a micra, i'd just check the condition of the underside for heavy rusting on the rear axle/panhard and same with the front etc, i'd also see if you were buying it from someone if they will turn it on because some things (If the micras having problems) you can hear quite well (You want to really listen for timing chain rattle)

I think for 450 thats quite a good deal, and the miles (if true) are very good too :).

Hey Jenny...Just remember to check rust on the front cross member (Front panel under radiator).........And both sills underneath for any rust or repair work.

Also check the car runs fine when driving and doesnt stall when left running.:blues:

Check the cills on both sides, inner and outer. Just run your hand along the bottom of the cills from front to back to feel for any holes or weld patches. With the inner cill, just stick your hand around the back of the 7inch section of cill in front of the rear wheels and again check for holes, patches or heavey corrosion. If these are all good and it runs sweet then it's a good one.

Thank you everyone, that micra got sold before i got to view it :( im still looking but cant seem to find much in my price range :(

Hi Jenny,

I am considering selling my 1996 Micra (as you can see from my thread I'm having a few problems with the gearbox) It is a 998cc 16 valve GX. 53000 miles. Tiny bit of rust that has been welded so is hardly visible. It does need a new gearbox, but has just had 4 new tyres and brake pads. MOT til mid January and 11 months tax. Generally in nice condition for its age, and it is silver. When gearbox is working (!) it runs like a dream.

Daisy x

Hi Daisy,

Thank you hun but i have brought one now. Im sure yours will sell quick. There were loads i phoned that had sold before i got a chance to view and i actually beat another couple going to view mine lol they were a little disapointed :(

Back