Thinking of buying a k11

hi guys, im looking at buying a micra, i wanna be able to lower it and make it reasonably nippy, whats to look out for? What engine to get, the 1.0 or 1.3, any easy mods or performance mods (i will check out seperate threads but asking as a whole) - budget is around £500!
Thanks,
Brad

Get the 1.3 if you can. They're harder to come by though.
Watch out for rust on Micra's. Usually the sills rot out so check them when buying.
£500 is quite a tight budget.

Depends what about at what time! My micra only cost me £300 but as someone else has said what age are you? And is it first time insurance?

Funny tho there is a guy just up the road from me in Glasgow selling a 1.0 bottom of the range tatty preface lift for £700 and I was so desperate to get a micra I was close to buying it! But all the cleaner chassis are down south in England! Lucky buggers.

My 1998 Micra cost me £550 with about 136K on the clock :(. Cars are just more expensive down here...

My insurance was £760 (black box) which isn't too bad. Would have been £880 for the 1.3 (I was going to buy my friends black 1.3 but I literally had no money at the time grr)

My first Micra, 1.0L shape was £200... My current, '98 1.3 SR was £400... Just hunt around. Dealerships will f you in the a for price, but keep an eye out on eBay and Gumtree and you'll find bargains.

I've spent about £600 on my current one and could've done it for a lot less if I didn't buy a lot of premium and new stuff.

£400 quid for mine 1.0l gx with 51k and theres only 1 bit of rust on the driver side wheel arch and its only a small spot haha, part ex'd my matiz and he also knocked £100 for it not being valeted so he hoovered it out and off i went :)

Bargains are still out there, just getting rare as everyone wants a "small car" and people are hiking their prices up <_<
...just have too keep an eye out...check the papers, ebay/gumtree/autotrader...is also an idea to check local dealers for PX bargains too :p

in 2005 my K10 cost me £200, (£650 to insure 3rdPFT) was a local Hilsea car all it's life, dad spotted it on a work advert board....still knocked him down from £225 (1.0 LS 1990 G, 120K)
in 2006 my K11 was £500,(£540 FT/£420FC/£360FC insure) dad's friend daughters...from Oxford (1.0 Shape 1997 P, 54K)
in 2009...my K12...was....quite a bit more...over £4,000 (£345/£330/£325 to insure all FC) ....but it's sooooooo shiny! :p (1.5dci Sport+, 2005 55, 63K)

My 1.3 16v Super S was £200 Then Mot came to $96 (including Mot) And then tax £74 :) had it two months...And someone drove into my door when it was open :(

My current K11 51 Reg automatic was £2000 but it only had 7068 miles on the clock verified by VOSA according to Which car the book price was £1998 so I paid £2 over the book value. It was previously owned by an old lady hence the low mileage. Is my first owned car after 21 years in a Motability car during which time I had 2 K11's and one crappy K12! As I had = of 2 years NCB the insurance FC was £413. Called Milly you can see her on the right of my avator the other car is my Renault 5 Supercing automatic F reg 1988 with 28k on the clock.

P reg 1.3 Gx bought for £275
First insurance policy currently paying £222 a month just in insurance! But wouldnt change it for the world.

I renewed the insurance on my K11 last week, having sorted out the claim with the third party insurers after my Micra was rammed by the third party whilst driving without due care and attention More Th<n restored my 4 years NCB and I got a good deal with Aviva £283 - last year I paid £413 More th<n wanted £515 !

I managed to get my Micra for £200. Was garaged for 4 years untouched and with a new battery it started first turn of the key. Needed new brake shoes and a handbrake cable and some welding underneath, (plus the battery). After new mot and tax it all came to about £450. Got insured on it for £63/month and I was 18 at the time. Absolutely love it, have been in corsa's and clio's and I would stick with the micra over anything else!

Back