help to get more torque

GT88

Ex. Club Member
hi all i need some advice on getting more torque out of me car.
so far i have ram induction, better HT leads, better spark plugs, 1.5 injectors, 4-2-1 manifold, back box, new cams, striped it out and i will be getting a free flow head.
but don’t know what to do after that.

True and also sounds like this car now has a load of different stuff bolted on in the hope its going to work, which most likely it wont and the ecu will be dealing with all the signals in compleately the wrong way.

it work fine its fast as .... and i can do 120mph. Not all the 1.3 hear can do that.

my idears were smaller gasket, free flow head, light wheels and get ED to remap it (may be not if he thinks its not worth it) theres a supperchip in buckingham.

get it remapped - e manage or similar, also finish off replacing the rest of the exhaust with a sports cat/decat.

that should put you on par with a standard cg13de

at the minute some of the mods are not really doing squat injectors/lead/plugs, needs remapping to really use them to their full potential, same for cams...

jame turbo his 1.0 so in my view its worth it. i have a decat but want a full stainless steal exhaust from top gear

didn't say it wasn't worth it. i said you'll have similar power to a standard cg13de.

other's have said its better to use a cg13de as a base as it already has a 25bhp/20ish lbs/ft gain over a cg10de. that and you will get a better increase in power with the cg13 over the cg10.

E-manage is not really very nice on N/A K11s. It seems to work better with turbo K11s, however it can fix some issues, but remap is always better and will always get gains on a K11, as when modded they nearly always run to lean.

if i change the crank and new ecu it will be a 1.3 with high comp no a 1.0 gear box. i dont want to go over 120mph i just want to get fast.

If you want acceleration then either try and fina Challenge final drive (these are straight cut so can be noisey) or go the whole hog and get a close ratio box. Expensive. Max speed about 85 mph. Very quick 0-60. And will kill your mpg. Available from Harry Hockley and if anyone wants to buy me one.........

yer [email protected]

ED if I change the crank then I need to change the conrods. I thought that it was a straight swap. I mite not do it then.

m-hayes I don’t wont to change the gear box because off the fact you need to rev it every time you down change. running about in it would become a nightmare.

any more ideas......

if money wsnt a question you could always fit a water injection system, up the compression and advance the ignition timing....

you what now.... iv never heard off that what is water injection. when i put the free flow head on i was thinking smaller gasket. but i will loos cc then.

paul i wanted to turbo it and i even got round to buy the turbo of a mate but i want to keep it NA

Back