Help get my K11 going

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi i was after some suggestions,

My micra has been having some difficulties as of late, here is the story so far:

about 2-3 weeks ago my micra seemed to have a little trouble starting it had to turn for a little while before coming to life, she was very jurky all through the rev range. As the days went past the micra was getting harder to start. Until finally tuesday morning she said no way and just turns, So i thought i'll have a look. The plugs were as black as anything obviously running way to rich. So today after work i fitted new Bosch super 4 plugs, new throttle body with air meter, Cleaned the lambda sensor (also Black) and fitted a new water temperature sensor, checked the leads to make sure they were seated right but she still only turns. It doesn't sound like she is even trying to fire now. I will test for a spark in the morning when there is some day light again and i have a fresh set of eyes to see with.
I was hoping for maybe some other suggestions as to what it could be???

Thanks

Paul

if you got the 1348cc micra like it says on the thing on the left, you wont have a dizzy.

your probably best trying the cam posistion sensor, crank posistion sensor and failing that maybe the coilpacks but still if one coilpack was dead it should still start and run on 3 cylinders..............

its a 1348 block with cg13 head so it doesn't use the coil pack, sorry

been out this morning, the micra is firing on all plugs, compression seems fine is turning over quite fast though. I'll check the timing next anyone with any ideas i'm running out?

Thanks
paul

Ok have spent until now working on different things. i have tried a different dizzy off my wife super s which didn't do anything different. The car i think is washing the bores there is serious fuel going through her. So i un plugged the injectors and removed the plugs and turned her over a couple of times to drain some of the fuel. I am taking a well deserved break whilst the fuel left in the cylinders evaporates. then i will try a wet test. and see if over fuelling is the sheer problem. Also found a hose not connected to the front of the inlet manifold so have now re connected

I fitted a new throttle body because i have narrowed the problem to that, and the new one is doing the same as the old one. The micra starts with the throttlebody on, with a fight, but if you disconnect the air flow sensor connector (the one at the front left of the throttlebody) it idles and starts fine so that is the problem. i had the throttlebody apart last night and was resoldering so lets bolt it back on and see where we are........

right i have now fitted the throttlebody and it still won't start. I have found the actual problem all along one of my 1.6 injectors appears to be stuck open so i have changed them all back to 1.3 injectors for the time being. I think this has fixed it. Well at least she starts, i took her for a short run and seemed to be fine may need some small adjusting, however i need to do this on a warm engine after a long run.

Back