1.3 fuel rail/injectors on a 1.0 - any gains at all?

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Ok people, need a bit of advice here. Recently managed to source myself a 1.3 fuel rail with 1.3 injectors, and a Walbro fuel pressure regulator. Will there be any noticable gains in getting these fitted?

I also have, in the way of engine modifications - 4-1 manifold (de-cat, with Lambda sensor), Janspeed de-cat pipe, straight through backbox, heat proof exhaust wrap from manifold to backbox, K&N induction kit, Pipercross cold air feed, and NGK iridium spark plugs with NGK HT leads.

What gains will I be able to expect, and will they be noticable? And will I see more gains if I get an ECU remap - and if so, where can I get this done?

Would appreciate any help here at all (Y)

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
You could be right there. But it didn't look like the same material as my stock downpipe though? Even it is, will I still gain something? I can't waste all that effort for nothing!

frank

Club Member
You could be right there. But it didn't look like the same material as my stock downpipe though? Even it is, will I still gain something? I can't waste all that effort for nothing!

its a nice looking mani dan, but it needs connecting to someting like a peter lloyd system really, all that free flow will then hit the skinny 31mm dia bottleneck near the cat flange there fwn

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Yeah, that's kind of what my thinking was. I might just fit this one and see what it's like, fit all my other parts as well. If I notice any difference, I'll leave it (unless it ends up slower). Might invest in some CG13 cams as well. Either way, it's bound to do something :laugh:

frank

Club Member
Yeah, that's kind of what my thinking was. I might just fit this one and see what it's like, fit all my other parts as well. If I notice any difference, I'll leave it (unless it ends up slower). Might invest in some CG13 cams as well. Either way, it's bound to do something :laugh:

that mani and a 1.3 inlet cam will give a noticable gain, sure :)

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Cool :grinning:. I guess it's just a case of fitting all the parts I've got now, seeing if there's any gains, then maybe going for the 1.3 cams, and whatever else I can get cheaply. I'm sure I'll notice something before I get the cams though. I hope :laugh: