need of more power and torque

B

bweengmachine

young irish male, with a import k10 micra (march) and in disperate need of advice. I need more power will putting a european carb on my car effect my proformance eg if i bypass the ECC, and if so will a 1.4 sunny carb fit on the 1 litre inlet manifold. also will a k11 sixteen valve head fit on my block ( one litre) and also what must i skim the head by to bring up the compression ratio to 10.3:1 (the highest recommened factory ratio) also will a 5 speed box make alot of differance:k10: fwn

bweengmachine said:
young irish male, with a import k10 micra (march) and in disperate need of advice.

Don't do anything, your insurance will be mad.

bweengmachine said:
I need more power will putting a european carb on my car effect my proformance eg if i bypass the ECC, and if so will a 1.4 sunny carb fit on the 1 litre inlet manifold.

Strip all the ECC junk off, and fit a normal K10 set up if you wish tho i'm sure edd was figuring a way of improving the ECC systemed cars.

bweengmachine said:
also will a k11 sixteen valve head fit on my block ( one litre)

No chance, the MA and CG are very differant engines, if you really want to fettle, drop a CG engine in (ALOT of Work)

bweengmachine said:
and also what must i skim the head by to bring up the compression ratio to 10.3:1 (the highest recommened factory ratio) also will a 5 speed box make alot of differance:k10: fwn

Depends which 5speed box you chuck on, one has the same ratio as the 4speed with a 5th on top and one has slightly shorter gears I believe.

Back