Help please !!

hello folks

The plastic trim in my micra has come loose, can't think how, but it is not easily clipping back into place. The bits that clip together are quite away apart

I am a bit worried about breaking something if I force it, it seems as though I need to pull it completely off and start again, would this be advisable and is there a correct way of removing it ?

I have attached a picture of the piece of trim I mean (hijacked a photo from another thread :) )

many thanks
Frances

Hey that's my photo! LOL :p

I replaced that panel just a few days ago actually
...you have to line up all the clips and little yellow locators
...there's a clip at the top which I'm actually having trouble with myself...as it's bent and won't hold in place <_<
...pull it off (the whole piece...just pull out from the bit that the shelf sits on) and line it up carefully and bash it back in...just make sure that top clip goes into the relating gap
..otherwise it'll bend...like mine did :rolleyes:

Good luck ;)

Hey that's my photo! LOL :p

I replaced that panel just a few days ago actually
...you have to line up all the clips and little yellow locators
...there's a clip at the top which I'm actually having trouble with myself...as it's bent and won't hold in place <_<
...pull it off (the whole piece...just pull out from the bit that the shelf sits on) and line it up carefully and bash it back in...just make sure that top clip goes into the relating gap
..otherwise it'll bend...like mine did :rolleyes:

Good luck ;)

Thanks Jen, I think one of the yellow pegs has already broke after I tried brute force but I will follow your instructions
and thanks for the photo !!:D

no problem ;)

I don't think the yellow bits actually hold anything, they just line it up...if you have a scrap yard near enough you could probably Half inch some...(nudge, nudge LOL)
...they just slide out of the slots they're in ;)

Back