help please! electrical prob :(

Hi,
Ive just joined this forum after getting myself a 1ltr Micra Vibe (97).

Tried installing a cd player today and seem to have messed up completly :(

Ive got the wires sussed out so know whats what, and know there is no ground wire ( so once ive got this sorted need help with how to ground it?)

I have lost all power to the audio, interior light and the clock. :( I checked the fuses in the car drivers side bit, and couldnt find any for audio or clock or anything.

any help / advice would be great.

thanks, Sophie x

just ground it to the car. anything metal you see should be -. I grounded mine to the little bit where you suppose to screw you radio too

and there should be a fuse

Good advice there Sophie. K11s don't have a ground wire. Most after market head units have a metal rod that screws in the back of it (no idea why?). Make a wire with a ring soldered to each end and trap one with the bolt in the head unit and bolt the other rrng to the chassis :).

Right, so if i manage to work out what fuse it poss is and change it if its blown and then re-do it grounding as stated should be ok?

Thanks for the replies :)

Good advice there Sophie. K11s don't have a ground wire. Most after market head units have a metal rod that screws in the back of it (no idea why?). Make a wire with a ring soldered to each end and trap one with the bolt in the head unit and bolt the other rrng to the chassis :).

the rod on the back is to space the stereo out and stop it going too far back and crushing the wires. if you don't put that rod in the back and shove the stereo in (like i have done) and there are wires already at the back and you have some nice RCAs sticking out of the back of the stereo, they will be snapped off.

hi ive been and done all this today ( found two blown fuses - both the 'audio' and 'room lamp' ) i had my interior light working and clock all fine, wired the cd player back up and it still has no power and it blew the 'room lamp' fuse straight away :(

Im confused now and unsure if i have my wiring right after all.

From my cd player, there are two black ground wires so tried doing it with one to the bit that you screw the radio bracket onto on the right, and one to the bolt at back of cd player... thinking two would be better than one lol. the aeriel isnt plugged in as not fussed by radio and dont have the adapter bit.

micras ground through the arial and through the chassis of the CD player, you need to have a ground to the frame work of the car. but that is not the reason it is blowing fuses, it sounds like some how you have the supply voltage to the CD player going to ground.

if it was me personally i would run all new wires just to be sure. a supply wire from the permanent live from the fuse box, via its own fuse, and another fused wire from the ACC, and then the ground wire to the brackets behind the dash. the nissan wires are weak and seem to cause nothing but problems.

Back