Help please! electrical fault?

Hi,
Ive just joined this forum after getting myself a 1ltr Micra Vibe (97).

Tried installing a cd player today and seem to have messed up completly :(

Ive got the wires sussed out so know whats what, and know there is no ground wire ( so once ive got this sorted need help with how to ground it?)

I have lost all power to the audio, interior light and the clock. :( I checked the fuses in the car drivers side bit, and couldnt find any for audio or clock or anything.

any help / advice would be great.

thanks, Sophie x

not sure myself what fuse is what, but if you take them out one by one and check them to see if they are blown, one at a time so you dont get any mixed up. Micra stereos are crounded through the metal body, you will need to attatch the stereo ground cable to the solid bar at the right hand side of the stereo as you look at it, that will ground it fine

hi ive been and done all this today ( found two blown fuses - both the 'audio' and 'room lamp' ) i had my interior light working and clock all fine, wired the cd player back up and it still has no power and it blew the 'room lamp' fuse straight away :(

Im confused now and unsure if i have my wiring right after all.

From my cd player, there are two black ground wires so tried doing it with one to the bit that you screw the radio bracket onto on the right, and one to the bolt at back of cd player... thinking two would be better than one lol. the aeriel isnt plugged in as not fussed by radio and dont have the adapter bit.

Hi,

Thanks for the link, that was actually where i found out what wires where for what. the wires were already cut ( not by me! ) hence all the trouble i had...

Anyway, is all sorted now as after several fuses turned out was a bad earth on the car so have sorted it and is working ok... now to get on with installing rear speakers :)

Thanks everyone for your help/advice

Sophie.

Back