Help please dead si

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Started car this evening and got 500 yards up the road when it just died engine turns over and petrol is present but on removing a spark plug and checking for a spark there was none, I need the car for work in the morning is there a quick fix for this or is it something major you think, checked fuses next to battery and they seemed to be in good order. When it died the battery and oil light came on apart from that there is no more I can tell you.

japseye

if the chain had snapped it would turn over on the starter funny, ie no compression on at least 2 cyl,s

changed dizzy and got it running again I need to time it properly though so tommorow I will get a new set of plugs and do the timeing when I get in from work, through the gears when you hit 2nd it is wanting to go but holds back same in 3rd so if its the same after its timed up I will have to pick your brains again or better still some solutions or checks I could do, also at this point I will say a big thanx for the help recieved once again msc members solved the problem,(Y)

Timeing done ok suppose but when driveing the darn thing 2nd gear is still rather slow and slugish plus what i thought could have been the brakes binding may be the gearbox rumbling on, I suppose its suck it and see with a scrap yard gearbox with a 120 thou on it, maybe i will call in tommorow and ask for an exchange as im not at all happy with it. car is ok though.........

Back