Help please, aerial problem

The Micra I bought has a dodgy aerial, picture below:

IMG_1604.jpg

Looks like it's snapped at some point, Do I have to get a complete replacement base and everything? When I look on Ebay there only seem to be screw in ones:doh:

There doesn't seem to be any other way of removing the base other than taking off the roof lining, which is a pain, how long do you think it will take for a novice like me?

I am in a similar situation.

Some B*stard has snapped off the antenna part and taken part of the screw fitting with it.

Gonna pick up a new unit tomorrow hopefully, but would really like to know if I need to remove the roof lining and how to go about it.

Cheers.

Dave.

Hi Justdave I have the same problem and was wondering did you get your sorted? How did you go about removing the lining for the roof, did you remove the left and righ hand panels between the windscreen and the doors?

You don't need to take the headlining all the way down, just pop one of the pillar trims off and carefuly slide your hand in. I'm pretty sure the mounting/aerial cable nut is a 10mm.

You don't need to take the headlining all the way down, just pop one of the pillar trims off and carefuly slide your hand in. I'm pretty sure the mounting/aerial cable nut is a 10mm.

+1, thats if dublinguy returns eh (the previous 2 poster,s hav,nt logged in since they posted fwn)

Back