Help! Nero 7 on Vista

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
i installed nero 7 on my laptop with Vista as the OS!

now it was not the "ultimate edition" so it had a compatability issue....but i found that it did work, just few problems / crashes here and there!

however.....i want to install nero 8 demo!

now it knows i have nero 7 installed yet now its corrupt and i cant uninstall it!!!

in control panel under the "programs+features" it states nero is there but has not got the normal nero icon there! and what ever i do....repair, uninstall, change it has a problem on "neroAG_unregisterComEX"

so my question is.....how can i completly remove nero 7 please!!??

thanks

Have you tried just installing Nero 8 on top of it? Nero 8 might uninstall 7 for you

i have mate, it says "nero 8 has detected nero 7 and will uninstall it"......then nothing!! it comes up with same error or sometimes just stops doing anything and disappears. it doesnt seem to be running in the back ground either according to task manager!!!??

im running "system mechanic 7" now

Frank: not sure mate?

well the system mechanic search found a couple of reg errors and it stated it has now fixed them but not sure what they where.

it requires a restart so back in a sec hopefully.

more info so you know everything.....when uninstalling nero 7.......my antivirus pops up and finds a "suspicious file" within an audio codex in the "common files folder" within in "ahead nero folder"??? then just after that....it says "windows installer has stopped working and will now close as program didnt work correctly........then pops up this:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 125
james that was looking so promising unitll grr :

i do have nero 8 in temp folder and it does say please remove latest version before removing nero 7.....so ill get the nero cleaner for 8 and try it as i cant manually.

thanks for the help!!!!!!

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 127
nope cant get rid of 8 by looks of things without actually deleting folders....ummm

sorted

3hours later since trying to uninstal nero 7....i have finally done it and got 8 working :grinning:

i used "your uninstaller 2006"....very good!!!!

cheers guys anyway

Back