7 Color LED's

kristian

One Way Mule
Whats the crack with these?..

They are a single LED that with very slight variations in voltage will emit a totally different color?.

Im thinking of changing the bulbs in my Almera to Blue to match the Pioneer headunit ive got, Ive got 3 dials, Oil Press-ater Temp-Boost which are 7 color switchable and nice and bright, and the Headunit is Blue nice and bright..

On thing that bothers me though is im going to have to pull apart the dials and soilder in about 30 of them due to changing the 7-8 factory bulbs doesn't usual cut it in terms of brightness.... the factory dials are kind of an off white, and very dim in comparison now..

..but whats the chance of being able to have a full array inside which is switchable?.. between different colors?.. So bright and switchable to match my mood.. so to speak..

I was thinking of buying one of those 7 color Undercar LED sets, and just butchering it up.. but is there an easier way?..

I Would pay Well to someone for a decent product like..

The LED Undercar kits usually have 3 LEDs, Blue, Green and Red, the Prism kits that you'll find in Halfords the control box has a music feature, also the strips of LEDs are flexible.

The Multicolored LED's change colour with a small circuit, but after a while the sequence of the colour changing will be different to the other multicoloured LED's, for example if your dashboard started off with blue after minutes 2 could be blue, 1 green, 1 red and 1 purple.

Interesting..

I didn't mean specifically the ones that change color over time... these are made this way iirc..

I meant the ones that work from a controller... Will look around ebay..

you can get tri colour chips that are RGB, there is no off the shelf LED that will change colour purely dependent on the voltage you give it. they have to be a mixture of voltages down at least 3 wires with a common ground.

my mate had some that when voltage was applied to them just as a normal led they automatically changed through all the different colours.

Back