Help needed please

Hey theres thanks for looking i have a 2008 1.2 Micra tekna and i want to change my front bumper grille the ones that are next to the indicator
2008-NISSAN-MICRA-Black-2008-20120403152115.jpg

for the 2005 model as i personally like them more. I was wondering if its a straight fit or would i have to adapt the older grilles to fit my car. Looking at it it seems to be the same shape but i just want to be sure before i go taking things apart.
nissan_micra_a1252242007b3006998_orig.jpg

thanks for looking
Jay

I'd say they were the same, straight swap..., but I haven't actually had the new grille infront of me before (only an 03 and an 05)
The "facelift" of 2007 is not in the haynes manual...so i can't even double check for you...don't know if anyone here has done what you're preposing
If you know someone with the older grill it might be worth measuring the distances for the catches that pop in the metal framework

...if all else fails perhaps you could borrow some idea's/inspiration from Guy...he sprayed the Chrome surround trims on his grille Matte black...looks pretty ace
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-micra-today.43944/page-68#post-533461
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-micra-today.43944/page-68#post-533503
Good luck

Having owned an '06 and an '09 plate I'd guess they were the same. They're held in by 2 pull out pop fasteners at the top and three clips underneath.

Yeah when i was changing the bulbs on the headlight which is a MISSION haha i decided to take the grille out and like Guy said theres two plastic fasteners at the top and three tabs at the bottom and it pops out, im going to try and source the grille from a junk yard on the cheap and see if it fits because i dont know anyone else with a micra

There's quite a few on ebay at the moment actually...although you may be luckier with the scrap yard ;)
you'll have to decide which you prefer of the older 2 types too...

2005 version... ;)
DSC00117a.jpg

earlier version...you posted yourself :p

Thats a smart car, personally trying to find an all black grille, with or without the indicators and those black headlights did they come as standard or did you change them, ive got a black micra with the chrome headlights

Thanks, I love her :p
I guess you could always remove the chromed strip/s (i've never seen an all black grill exept on Guys after he painted the chrome at the weekend)
but would leave a gap/dip/extra holes wouldn't it...not sure?

Mine's a Sport+ model Un-modded, those headlamps were standard on the Sport/SR/160SR/Chic/Activ/Tekna....I believe
again worth keeping an eye out on ebay...but worth checking at a local scrap/salvage/breakers yard (they are a straight swap too)

Had to change the O/S bulb on my baby last year...in the dark LOL...not fun! <_<

Ive got a black tekna model with the chrome headlight, and ive seen it on here someones got an all black grille, cant remember who it was tho, looks really nice. I was having problem taking the headlight out, there was two fasteners at the top and one to the side once you take the grille off you can see it but after taking those three out its still wouldnt budge, any other fasteners im missing. thanks for the help

Back