advice needed please 53 nissan micra E- faults

Hello,

My car is currently at a Nissan dealership as we speak, undergoing repair work for two faults.

The first fault is an issue with the boot switch (apparently common when water gets in)
The second is that on a cold day the car won't start (apparently ignition barrel fault- recall 2006?)

I believe from the internet both of these faults have been recalls in the past. I purchased the car second hand in 2008. The dealership is saying there are no outstanding recalls for my car- i believe the car was purchased from the same dealership in 2005.

I was just wondering where i stand on the recall front? Nissan UK say the previous owner may have ignored recall letters, but have no proof of this.

I personally feel that if these faults were once recalls, they should be fixed. I appreciate they cannot do it for free, but could i possibly get some money off if i argue my case?

Ive got various bits printed off the net regarding these faults. I know the previous owner may not have got the recall letters, but i still feel if these are common faults we shouldnt have to pay.

any advice please? Or am i wasting my breath with nissan???

Thanks- sorry for long post.

Back