Help needed installing rear seats and seat belts

I am about to buy myself my first K11 Micra as my second car ever. The one i have my eyes on particularly is missing the rear seats though, and I would assume the rear seat belts as well. I found a tutorial on how to install the rear seats themselves, however no information on how to install the rear seatbelts. I'm guessing the install should be pretty easy and I could maybe figure it out on my own but decided to ask around here for more info and guidance on it.

I am in general quite a noob at working on cars but this one Micra I found is just such good value, that I would not want to pass it up just because of the rear seats and seat belts missing. I suppose it's also good practice to disconnect the car battery before beginning all the work on it.

I am about to buy myself my first K11 Micra as my second car ever. The one i have my eyes on particularly is missing the rear seats though, and I would assume the rear seat belts as well. I found a tutorial on how to install the rear seats themselves, however no information on how to install the rear seatbelts. I'm guessing the install should be pretty easy and I could maybe figure it out on my own but decided to ask around here for more info and guidance on it.

I am in general quite a noob at working on cars but this one Micra I found is just such good value, that I would not want to pass it up just because of the rear seats and seat belts missing. I suppose it's also good practice to disconnect the car battery before beginning all the work on it.

Quote: "missing the rear seats though, and I would assume the rear seat belts"

What Else is Missing?

May I suggest that it is not advisable to buy a vehicle from an owner who has devalued it by removing essential parts & who is unable to reinstate it to MOT seat belts passing standard.

Quote: "missing the rear seats though, and I would assume the rear seat belts"

What Else is Missing?

May I suggest that it is not advisable to buy a vehicle from an owner who has devalued it by removing essential parts & who is unable to reinstate it to MOT seat belts passing standard.
I was also considering that this might be a pretty dumb idea to get this exact Micra. However here in Finland there doesn't seem to be that many choices if you want it to be a K11 Micra. I'll be doing quite a bit of highway driving, so a 1.3 l engine is better for me, which also lowers the amount of available Micras to choose from.

From what I have heard from the seller there is nothing else missing. The reason i want to get this exact Micra is because it has a bunch of audio equipment installed on it for around 600 € and also sound proofing pretty much all over the car. And this dude had an insanely dumb large subwoofer system in the back that wouldn't fit with the back seats.

It's gonna take a bit of work but I found seats + seat belts from someone who screws around with K11 Micras as a hobby. I'm pretty sure I'll have to take the seats and seatbelts off from the salvage car myself when going to get them.

Right now the car has passed MOT and was registered as a 2-seater last year in June. My plan is to install the back seat row and seat belts and register it back to a 5-seater when getting the next MOT this June.

Are you sure you want to register it back as a 5-seater? The tax savings are small but real, but more significantly the muutoskatsastus for 2-seat conversions does require that the seat mounting points are made unusable. (usually by riveting or welding a plate over them) Also the rear seat of a K11 is not really that useful for adults, and I definitely would not place my kid there especially in a K11 that's lived through Finnish winters.

Are you sure you want to register it back as a 5-seater? The tax savings are small but real, but more significantly the muutoskatsastus for 2-seat conversions does require that the seat mounting points are made unusable. (usually by riveting or welding a plate over them) Also the rear seat of a K11 is not really that useful for adults, and I definitely would not place my kid there especially in a K11 that's lived through Finnish winters.
That is a really good point I did not even think about, that the mounting points have to be made unusable. That makes things even harder and I don't know how i would get around that. I suppose I could ask the seller more about that. Maybe it would be just wiser to pass up on it at this point then and wait for maybe another 1.3 Micra to come up on the market.

On Traficom it shows that the tax would be the same as on any other K11 Micra for some reason. The rear seats would have been used mostly to give some short rides so the passengers could deal with it.

Right, the tax benefits might just be for diesel cars. It's hard to know what you need, but the rear-seat-less Micra might be really good deal if you can look past the "but sometimes". During the whole time I owned my K11 I only had someone in the rear seat once, and even that wasn't really necessary.

That is a really good point I did not even think about, that the mounting points have to be made unusable. That makes things even harder and I don't know how i would get around that. I suppose I could ask the seller more about that. Maybe it would be just wiser to pass up on it at this point then and wait for maybe another 1.3 Micra to come up on the market.

On Traficom it shows that the tax would be the same as on any other K11 Micra for some reason. The rear seats would have been used mostly to give some short rides so the passengers could deal with it.

The rear seat assembly consists of a heavy tubular steel rigid frame that is securely anchor bolted in position across the width of the K11 Micra internal body shell.

Therefore it has a dual function as a seat & an internal rigid steel sub-frame that stiffens the body shell & is not exposed to underfloor external corrosion during the cars useful economic life.

Right, the tax benefits might just be for diesel cars. It's hard to know what you need, but the rear-seat-less Micra might be really good deal if you can look past the "but sometimes". During the whole time I owned my K11 I only had someone in the rear seat once, and even that wasn't really necessary.
Yeah I think the tax benefit is only for diesel cars, where the added on diesel tax is completely removed. Asked around from the seller and the mounting points in front for the U-hook is exposed and the rear mounting points are hidden with a piece of plywood.

I suppose I really don't need the back seats that often. Just sometimes to give rides to friends and all that. Otherwise as long as me and my fiance fit in it, it's all good. And if really needed i suppose I'll find a way to install the rear seats.

If anyone has any tips or anything on the seat belt installation, feel free to let me know!

Back