Help my Micra is poorly :-(

Well I have joined in the hope that my fellow Micra owners can help me find out what is wrong with my poor 2005 Micra.

It has been running fine for the two years I have had it up until a week ago. When I change from 1st to 2nd it becomes sluggish and loses power. Same from 2nd to 3rd but it will hold power in 1st. I then switch it off and back on and it will run. But it will happen again but no telling when. The only thing I did differently was top up the oil (yes used the right oil folks). I can feel when its about to happen as the car feels different I.e. not as nippy as normal.

Two garages can't find a fault and no errors/faults are recorded on the onboard for them to go off.

Does anyone know what the matter could be? I can't afford endless parts just to rule something out only to find it happening again days later.

Fingers crossed, Jane

We'll certainly do our best :)
With it bogging down on power and pinging no faults it could well be a fuel related issue or spark.
When was it's last full service? As it could be an aged fuel filter. This could also lead to partial blocking of injectors meaning loss of power.

The spark issue again is related to servicing. Are the plugs old?
Even if they're new is the gap set correctly?

That's two cheap things for you to check and hopefully the start getting this K12 back to full health

Back