HELP ME!!!

adamsricky

Club Member (Trial)
i took my k11 for its mot and it failed :( on a few bits and pieces but the most major one im worried about it the fact that my front crossmember is corroded quite badley now im sure i saw on here once that this wasnt actully part of the mot i could be completly wrong and even if it is or not is a bolt in job i could do myself or will it need welding
all help mostly appreciated i really wanna get my k11 back on the road but it might be heading for the scrap.

Just spoke to a Welding company and the guys tells me there's two one under the radiator and one further back that u assume the suspension sits on any one confirm this for me maybe even have pics so I know what I'm looking at

Frank,
Front (crossmember) vehicle structure has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm if the body mountings [6.1.B.2]

just the bottom rail then eh, easy to fit, but you have to remove the bumper and try and rescue the rad brackets (ie, 3 hrs to remove/refit the bumper and brackets, and 1 hr to change the x member)

Any welding? Is it DIY just wanna keep it on the road but I refuse to pay a garage infancy it never been to a garage and done 170,000 miles lol

i bolted mine (made from aluminium stepladder rails lol :D) but you just need about 10 welds/tacks on each end really

Oh right hmmmm i can't weld but I'll have a look tomorrow and see what I can do and see if my bro in law can do the welding my little micra might be saved yay still needs a load of other bits too lol failed on a rear wheel bearing which I have to change the hub is that correct? And emissions but that's only the lambda sensor again damn those cheep three wire things of eBay

What else do you reckon would be worth looking at it seems to pass second time round every year with a new universal lambda :)

That's if they even bother checking it second time round I took it to a garage once it failed on a cv boot I changed it and took it back and said I had done it and the guy just gave me a mot didn't even check the car lol

What else do you reckon would be worth looking at it seems to pass second time round every year with a new universal lambda :)
a lambda sensor is a sensor that measures how much oxygen is left in the exhaust manifold. it is not neccessary the thing thats at fault, it could be something simple like a blocked air filter to a worn piston rings that can throw the emissions off :)

Tell you what bad compressions would make Sence it don't do more that 75 any more used to do a ton or more before slick50 any good?
Can't find that blog mate what's it titled?

thank you for letting me see that but now im really in a dillema i just took it to see another mot tester who was nice enough to give me a second opinion and he told me that its a grey area and that because of the type of contruction of the chassis and body iT shouldnt apply nor be a fail has any one else had problems like this is it a fail or should i appeal with vosa im so confused i dont wanna pay for summin that possibly doesnt need doing
HELPPPPPPP ME PLEASEEEE

well if its rusted bad enough for one tester to fail it, its in your own interest to get it sorted anyway surely, i wouldn't want a rusty part on my car, its only going to get worse and weaken the structure of the front = less resistance in a smash = good buy legs

It's a certain fail, as it's deemed as a structural part of the car. Any MOT tester who lets an excessively corroded part of the car through an MOT isn't doing there job.

It can be an expensive job to do but it's necessary unfortunately. Several people on here have done it, including myself, however it is quite invasive to replace the whole item. If it is local corrosion then it maybe possible to patch weld it, but that is usually down to judgment as to weather it is feasible structurally.

I THINK I MIGHT SIT ON IT FOR A FEW WEEKS SAVE SOME PENNYS (DRIVE THE VOLKS IN THE MEANTIME) AND GET IT BACK ON THE ROAD SOON I BEEN SONDING A FAIR WHACK OF RESERCH AND TALKING WITH SOME PEOPLE AND GET THE FRONT OFF RIP THE CROSSMEMBER AND FIT A NEW ONE :)

Back