Help Me Plz!

S

spook

Soz if this is posted else where... if it is send me the link plz. But im tryin 2 replace my gear knob... but it wasnt a standard to start with. I've looked everywhere on how to remove it... n now im just stuck for things to do. Plz help me

Ok, well b4 anyone will be able to help u, you'll have to tell us what sort of gear knob your tryin to remove?!!!

Go on ems help him remove his knob !

those things are VERY hard to remove best advise it to either get moul grips or a belt rachet spanner.

I havent the foggiest wot gear knob it is... it has no name on it... but it does have a lil carbon fibre section on it. its not a round gear knob its a weird shape. another weird question, can i put a pic of it up as im only a junior member?

paddymarsden said:
Go on ems help him remove his knob !

LOL!! Behave!!!

Does it have a separate section on the bottom of it, about half an inch wide around the main stick?!!!!

yea its got the half inch bit ems. and yea i got sum mole grips, cheers for the help paddy. ill give it a go 2moz. ill prob post 2moz bout a broken gear linkage coz i ripped the b*t*h out lol. thnx ppl

Ems said:
Does it have a separate section on the bottom of it, about half an inch wide around the main stick?!!!!
if it has, then this bit should unscrew and reveal three grub screws which just need undoing with an allen key.

Lol sorry was offline, as said above, this should unscrew. Let it drop down and you'll see three or so little hidden screws that'll need to come out, it should then pull off!!!

it may have a couple screw in t the bottom, does the bottom part of it screw off? if so there will be 2 - 3 small allen key nuts, just undo em n pull off!

Back