1.0l coilpack losing power and trying to stall

Car: micra s k11 2000 1.0l coilpack:
Basically bought the car yesterday, test drove fine, drove back fine until I got to my street, went over speed bump then went to accelerate in 2nd and it started to die, lose power and trying to stall. It also did stall a couple of times. Every time I revved it, it would get to 2000rpm then give up. It does it in all gears. On tick over the revs are up and down but only slightly. I left it for a bit drove round the estate fine then just as I wad getting back it did it again.

Problems I've found which I didn't notice or check when buying:
No fuel filter, rubber piped just joined together
No water in radiator or overflow tank.

Got the diagnostic kit out and 0 problems came up also engine management light not on.

Tried to explain as best as I can. Please help I need this for work :(

i got same problem as yours so i am trying to solve this problem asap.

i think my battery is flat out or could be wrong with this alternator :( I have no idea though :(

i got same problem as yours so i am trying to solve this problem asap.

i think my battery is flat out or could be wrong with this alternator :( I have no idea though :(

Hi chat Doesnt work on my phone. And thanks for reply I didn't notice the battery light flashing. I even drove with every electrical thing I could think of on but still the same happened. I did notice as it was trying to die the lights were going dimmer. But don't know if it would do that anyway

I would have thought that if it made your lights dim, your battery doesn't have enough juice in it to run the car properly. Which would lead to either the alternator is on its way out or it could be dicky cables but more than likely the alternator out of the two.

if it's got no filter, won't it be sucking up crap?
I thought that but it ran fine until it warmed up, It didn't have much petrol in. I thought maybe it might of been filled with a can with crap in the bottom but I don't really know :/
I would have thought that if it made your lights dim, your battery doesn't have enough juice in it to run the car properly. Which would lead to either the alternator is on its way out or it could be dicky cables but more than likely the alternator out of the two.
You think I should remove battery and get it checked? Anyway of checking alternator?

Hi chat Doesnt work on my phone. And thanks for reply I didn't notice the battery light flashing. I even drove with every electrical thing I could think of on but still the same happened. I did notice as it was trying to die the lights were going dimmer. But don't know if it would do that anyway

i lose my power when i turn around, 3 points turn, reverse from my high steep driveway to the main road, changing into gear 2 and approaching on end of these roads. its happen only in cold weathers. Right now, my car is warm so its okay to run. it wasnt happen in snow time cos it was okay. i am confusing tho cos its different:eek:

when i lose my power so my engine is stop and the battery flash shown up.

i lose my power when i turn around, 3 points turn, reverse from my high steep driveway to the main road, changing into gear 2 and approaching on end of these roads. its happen only in cold weathers. Right now, my car is warm so its okay to run. it wasnt happen in snow time cos it was okay. i am confusing tho cos its different:eek:

when i lose my power so my engine is stop and the battery flash shown up.

That sounding abit different to what mines doing. Have a look at link elone just put on. That explains my problem

yea i did this link before so i soldered it then remove this cold idle. aaah man i should not remove this cold idle for cold weathers right? well i got a spare so i am lucky man :)

Yeah, from the honest john link I'd say it could be throttle body so maybe try that first?

When reading your first post though, before getting to any replies, what crossed my mind was coils... Sounds like very similar behaviour to what my missus Clio was doing when one of the coils died... Does the car judder a lot?

If you know anyone else with a coilpack may be worth swapping out the coils, see if that changes anything then buy a new set. Originals can be quite expensive but non manufacturer ones are just as good & dirt cheap. I got a set of 4 for £30 on ebay...

Also, defo get a fuel filter fitted & fill up the coolant!

Yeah, from the honest john link I'd say it could be throttle body so maybe try that first?

When reading your first post though, before getting to any replies, what crossed my mind was coils... Sounds like very similar behaviour to what my missus Clio was doing when one of the coils died... Does the car judder a lot?

If you know anyone else with a coilpack may be worth swapping out the coils, see if that changes anything then buy a new set. Originals can be quite expensive but non manufacturer ones are just as good & dirt cheap. I got a set of 4 for £30 on ebay...

It dosnt kidder a lot loses power than sometimes ragains it when foot flat so not sure also wouldn't it not missfire or do you think it could be all 4?
you cant solder the maf on the coilpack models tho eh
Hmm so have you any idea what my problem could be then after reading it

jk i got the thermo nuke wax also removed, doesnt effect cold idle :), we can adjust you idle valve more for the cold start.

R-REG-SR said:
jk i got the thermo nuke wax also removed, doesnt effect cold idle :), we can adjust you idle valve more for the cold start.

Is it but my mate removed it so I didn't know that though. I think I should increase a bit up. Btw I can swap with my sr dial so I should get about 1000rpm right?

if its a maf fault on the coilpack models, they will drive ok when the maf is disconnected apparently steve
I disconnected the mad sensor I think. Highest one on throttle body? Still did the same thing
anyways steve, where are the pictures of your new automobile?
Pics will be up soon. Focusing on fixing it first lol
Steve i have a spare maf sensor if you pop round ill try n dig it out
I won't make it to yours mate once it starts doing.it its hard to keep going :/

frank said:
then you need to set the idle mate, coilpack ones are totally different, polly has posted how-to,s on here and cisco,s

Now I get it. We put very low idle so It's very low idle ATM. I will set the idle tomorrow morning. Thanks for help frank :)

there is a sock filter on the pump and one inside the topfeed injectors, so you may need to check they are still squirting ok steve

Now I get it. We put very low idle so It's very low idle ATM. I will set the idle tomorrow morning. Thanks for help frank :)

depends when this started,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, put the rev clocks in to see what your actualy doing (RPM) first before fidling. didnt you put your rev counter in yet ??

R-REG-SR said:
depends when this started,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, put the rev clocks in to see what your actualy doing (RPM) first before fidling. didnt you put your rev counter in yet ??

I still got sr dial and aftermarket rev counter ( I haven't add this gauge yet but in soon)

I will use sr dial tomo so I can check with rpm then will set the idle properly.

The maf doesnt always bring up codes mate
Ah right. Erm I'll be in touch tomorrow then. Going to change plugs, put fuel filter on and get some of that injector and tube cleaner stuff.

there is a sock filter on the pump and one inside the topfeed injectors, so you may need to check they are still squirting ok steve
Ok thanks. Sorry for all the questions but what is the easiest way to check that?

I'd try coils and getting the car up to standard. Mine runs beautifully now I've had the service and sorted the dodgy coilpacks. Mine was juddering quite a lot with massive fuel consumption until it warmed up. Then I got a couple scrap coilpacks and that sorted the issue. I'm in Gateshead later for a job interview, if I'm near by ill pop up and you can try mine if fancy?

Back