HELP! fuel pump

CMF_smallrat

» CMF Member
My car doesn't start due to fuel pump failure. where can I get a fuel pump? I am in Victoria. Is it possible to fit it myself?

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
I've got a gti-r pump I wanna install (I'll have a look at it this weekend) and if all goes well you can have the standard one. (I'm a bit stuck for time thou, so mightn't get to it)

CMF_smallrat

» CMF Member
Hey fred!i removed my back seats and there was a plate underneath the seats.I remove the plate and i can see theres wires and 2 hoses attach.Is that the fuel pump?Its white and round.

CMF_smallrat

» CMF Member
Thank you guys!thank you so much for all your help.I've got the aftermarket fuel pump.Gona pick it up later.Its about $90.That's cheap compared to nissan fuel pump which they quoted $884.that's ridiculous price.My god!But hope this aftermarket pump would fit in the micra.Fingers cross.Will update.Thanks y'all.

Attachments

• 30729.jpg
    30729.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 32

CMF_smallrat

» CMF Member
Hi fred!just got the fuel pump!I then took the fuel pump to my car.And guess what guys.I took out the plate and then disconnected the hoses and the wire.Then i pulled the sensor out and i got stuck.Cause the fuel pump is inside and covered with fuel.So did not want to go any further.As i rip abit of the top hose.And now decided to call the lube mobile mechanics.Booked it in for 2morrow at 8am.Will try to take photos and post it up when he is doing it.Hope he dosen't mind.they quoted around $139.00.

Attachments

• 30736.jpg
    30736.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 36

CMF_smallrat

» CMF Member
Hi nick,I should have checked the spare parts forum 1st.I was so in a rush and panicking as i wanted to get the car on the road as soon as possible.That's why i did not go thoroughly.should have call you.I'l definitely keep you in mind.Hey once again.thanks guys for your support and time.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 30737.jpg
    30737.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 28

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
I dont know why people use the standard micra pumps. Skyline pumps are cheaper & basicly fit straight in. They are also good if you plan on making more power later.

Back