Fuel pump unavailability for K11

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Hi guys,
Two weeks later and the micra is still off the road, the fuel pump is totalled due to the crappy fuel from Caltex. Nissan are unable to source one anywhere in the country. Does anyone know of anywhere or anyone I can get one from, either that, or a modified pump? I'm getting to a point where if the parts availability is this poor, micra can go and I'll be buying something else :(

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Can't remember which, but a Walbro pump drops basically straight in...

Also a RNN14 GTiR Pulsar pump slots in too

Hope you find one! I'll ring up my mech and ask him if he still has my old one

Sean

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
I would appreciate any help at all, thanks Sean, I'm stuck in Sydney and the car's on the Gold Coast and the stupid Nissan nerds have had my car for 2 weeks stuffing around. I can imagine the bill I am going to be handed!...Anyway, appreciate the help

Regards,
Caroline (micragirl)

CMF_2

» CMF Member
"2" is here.

My micra been off the road for more than a few month,i had the same problem but not the fuel,the fuel pump been too old for more than 250k km.

Got a quote from nissan re the nissan fuel pump is $900something,thats crazy....then went to my mechnical friend's workshop in Five Dock Sydney,he found and ordered me one for $260 new,delivered next day,same manufacturer as the nissan one but not under the nissan brand(see how much extra a logo can cost).I got my hands dirty for nearly 2 hours and it go again.

Call Choi on (02)97454905 cnr of kings rd and william st,Five Dock,Sydney. *Quote your model and year.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
And actually... Can you prove that it was because of the fuel that your pump actually died?

If you could I'd be talking to a solicitor straight away about some compensation such as a hire car and any wages lost from work being missed etc...

Sean

CMF_hi3cmz

» CMF Member
Anybody tell me if taiwanese micra fuel pump works with micragirl's one? if she do has paypal, I can ring taipei dealer for quote, shipping to Sydney should be around 4 days, and I earn some service point for next service :)

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi micragirl, FYI the Bosch catalogue has a K11 micra fuel pump listed.

Pump Part number is : 0 580 453 424
Fuel Filter Part no : F0101

Supercheap auto or Repco seem to be able to order in Bosch stuff.

I hope you find an affordable solution. It's a real shame your micra is off the road due to this fault.

CMF_malindags

» CMF Member
lucky me... being in Sri Lanka no problem of finding Japanese car parts. We have Japanese used car parts of any Japanese vehicle. Also the prices are very low. CG13DE engine can be bought around Rs.14,000- (USD 140) :)

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Well the latest on this sarga is now the car will run when its warmed up but not when its cold. The mechanics seem to think it maybe something to do with the onboard computer. This all started off with a dirty tank of fuel and has now gone onto the computer. I dont think these guys know whats wrong and are just guessing now. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Aggghhh !! Come on you Brissie guys the lady needs help.Someone needs to go with her to the Nissan dealer and sort em out.
This is unbelievable.Maybe if a couple of you rock up in your Micras they may get the message.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Interesting that you should suggest that Tom, I have given them the micra website addy, but I really don't think they are interested in what we get up to on here. Getting back to the car, my dad's been chasing them to fix it, the service bloke told him that they think its the computer now, so they replaced something in it but it made no difference. The drama is that I could actually drive the car, no problems starting it, just the bunny hopping from the dirty fuel. Now they can't even get it to start, its getting worse by the day, and this is a car that has been meticulously cared for, and serviced regularly. Anyway I'm back up on the Gold Coast now so it looks like I will have to go and sort it out face to face, can't do it over the phone. Keep you posted....

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Ok, here's the latest. Compression test, a little "down" but not enough to be causing all the problems. Have had the entire injector system removed and cleaned using sound waves and water, no luck. Electrics are all fine as is the throttle body, via Nissan consult. This problem has the Nissan service team totally stumped. They're thinking maybe burnt valve, so the head is coming off next week.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
I've given up on hoping for anything anymore. As far as I'm concerned if I went down to Nissan right now with a million bucks they wouldn't be able to fix my car, so it's all academic. I'm entitled to legal aid, the report is being compiled as we speak, and will be forwarded to Caltex, along with a couple of litres of their "fuel", which consisted mainly of water and I don't care if I don't have a car for a while, Nissan can keep the micra til Caltex pay up. I'm over it

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Yep then go for it. If nissan thinks the fuel was what caused this you should have an excellent case against Caltex.

If they screw you around, go to Today Tonight/A Current Affair. They love that sort of thing.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Good luck micragirl !. What nightmare, I hope it all works out well for you in the end.

For those that are interested "Global Auto Spares" in Labrador on the Gold Coast (opposite Harbourtown) can supply a new micra fuel pump for $300 same day (afternoon delivery from their Brisbane warehouse).

These pumps are actually identical (same brand/model) to the factory fitted pump.... a fair bit cheaper than the $600 quoted by repco !.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Thanks Makes, I am starting to think that maybe the timing belt has stretched, its pretty much due to be changed anyway, and this could be the problem getting it to start. Having said that, the Nissan guy went to start it this morning, and it went first kick...bloody temperamental things cars arent they?

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Finally, they have diagnosed the problem. Apparently, with all the dirty fuel going through, the air flow sensor has destroyed itself, which happens when the car backfires. Now, does anyone have one of these or know where I can get one? NISSAN in all their wisdom are charging $1000-00 for one, with all the other labour I have to pay for the last 3 weeks, I just don't have that kind of money sitting around. Thanks for all your help with this guys, I'm thinking that maybe some of you should go work for Nissan as you seem to have more clue.
Caroline

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
The Nissan tech said that when the car backfires thru having dirty fuel run thru, this can cause the air flow sensor to destroy itself, causing it to be unable to tell the computer how much air to send thru...its all double dutch to me, but if I can fix it by the resoldering guide and avoid all this cost I need to know if the sensor is the throttle body thing, so I can get it fixed.

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Hey aaron,

At micragirl's expence why not send her your old throttlebody if it's still available and any good.

The if it fixes her problems you two can sort out a suitable price ;-)

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Micragirl,

If the airflow meter hotwire itself is damaged I suspect the excellent "quick fix" on this website will probably not help. This fix only helps if the problem is with the internal electrical connections loosing their effectiveness due to age.

A few options available from the UK via ebay.....

A brand new one...... would be approx $400 delivered.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-MICRA-AI...itemZ4592428530QQcategoryZ10402QQcmdZViewItem

A recond one on ebay.... would be approx $200 delivered.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MICRA-AIRFLO...itemZ4592428542QQcategoryZ10402QQcmdZViewItem

Delivery time approx 1 week via airmail.

Alternatively you may like to try "Global Auto Spares" in labrador (or your local branch). They surprised me recently with their ability to obtain a micra fuel pump on the same day at a relatively good price.

Good luck with it.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Ok its sorted. Remanufactured air flow metre being fitted plus I decided to get the timing belt done since it's the original one from new. Just trying to get my head around how expensive these little cars are to fix once they start breaking down, although mine wasn't exactly breaking down, it did have some help from Caltex:(.
Cleveland Nissan related a story to me of two weeks ago when a tank of dirty fuel from you know who destroyed an electric fuel pump in a new Nissan Patrol...the owner of the garage went down to Nissan and paid the customer's bill, accepting full responsibility...a hefty $3600-00. What a nice guy....I won't be that lucky, the owner of the servo I went to denied ever having water in his fuel, he must have xray vision as how could he tell without checking his tanks first?
Anyway, I want to thank everyone who tried to help me out, my terrible experience hasn't soured me off Micras, I just wish Nissan would come up with an affordable small hatch here in Australia, something similar to the Micra, but without the hassle of obtaining parts.

Cheers, Caroline

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
You don't have a belt you have a chain. The chain set alone cost more then $250. The only way they could do it for that price, was if they slipped the chain over the original gears & guides and thats a very bad idea as the gears & chain wear together & the old gears would wear out the new chain very fast (I've seen them fail in less than a year). It would be better to just leave it alone, unless the chain is noisy.

Back