Fuel pump enquries...

CMF_MOMO2912

» CMF Member
Hi,

I juz got a stock WRX's fuel pump on hand...from what i see was that it looks exactly the same as my K11's fuel pump, same manufacturer: UNISIA JECS. But different part number...

My question is:

1)Does this two pumps have different specifications, eg. flow-rates/pump rates?

2)Where can i abstract the specifications of the our stock pump in the web?

Thanks alot....

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
a little OT but nevertheless. Was talking to my brother a few weeks back about his Cordia and the fitting of a VR4/4G63T to it, i mentioned uprated fuel pumps and mentioned that someone he knew bought a high flow rate pump and when he went to fit it, found the std one (in a VR4/galant) was the same flow rate, so he investigated further why it dosn't seem to be performing too well, anyways he found that the 12v power wire was very fine gauge, he then rewired from somewhere else with nice heavy gauge wire and setup a resistor of some sort too connect with ign barrel i think (not 100% sure on this), and it works a treat. If you're keen on knowing more just let me know, as there is a how-to-guide to do this, which i can find/get for you, might be worth checking the micra's pump wiring. if you have a series 1 (1995) the rear seat bottoms fold up really easy and expose the wiring/fuelpump setup.

Cheers,

Alex - thinking its a mitsubishi wiring issue though, but worth pulling up a seat to check if you have electrical knowledge

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
mitsubishi has a history of not being able to wire things properly. I'm not suprised the fuel pump power wire was undersized. Original one was probably a fire hazard too.

Speaking of hazard - anyone got around to seeing the new dukes of hazzard movie? Does it compare in any way to the old series?

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Yes seen it.Leave your brain at home.Not as good as the TV series.
If you want to see something funny see Wallace and Grommet. Yes G rated but very funny. Listen closely.A lot of classic english humour.
Still I really liked the Shrek films so must be a kid at heart.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
haven't seen hazard yet, but its got that guy who played travis in 'welcome to the jungle' in it, lmao in that movie > from his work their i'll still see hazard. Same here david, the two Shrek movies are gold! Saw W&G last week, it had a short film before it starring the 'navy seal' penguins from Madagascar, blimey that was funny > better than W&G and W&G was good!

Alex

Back