Help diagnose fuel problem

Hi. I have a nissan micra k11 cabrio 1.3i 1992. When my fuel level falls to 1/4 of a tank, the engine cuts on right turns. The car will start immediately or bump start once i straighten out and continue until i do another right turn or take a right bend. If i leave the car off for an hour or so, it starts and drives ok including right turns but only for a couple of minutes then it starts cutting out again. I know there is at least 5 litres in the tank but it seems to be coming through very slowly when low. If i fill it up at this point, it will take 27 litres maximum and will drive fine until it falls to 1/4. help!

Makes sense actually... i pulled my hair out thinking what it could be. Does this mean i'll have to remove the tank to fix it?

I managed to get the seat up enough to remove the metal plate. Under the plate there is a white plastic circle with 2 fuel tubes coming out of it and 2 electrical connectors. I have removed the tubes and connectors. I have also unscrewed the black ring but the white plastic circle has another 2 tubes connected underneath. I can get my hand in the tank without removing the 2 tubes underneath. You say the pump may have become loose. Can i sort this without completely removing the white cap? I can see/feel some plastics in the tank. It would be a nightmare removing the tubes underneath.

Back