HELP - changing dials

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
hi i am trying to remove my dials in order to change them, does any one how to get the oil and fuel level parts off as i cant see any screws?

i cant afford to damage my instrument unit either!

also what is the best way to remove the speedo and the oil and fuel level needles (if necessary)???

thanks all

why are you taking them off? if you take off the needles all the gauges wont read properly every again

do you not need to remove the needles to change the dials
it is the actual dial plate i am changing (the bits with the numbers on) not the whole unit

I believe you can slide them out without taking the needles off. Just be careful not to bend anything otherwise they will stick and won't work correctly.

i had a look today, the pointer bit needs to be taken off the front to get the backing off, is this ok to remove as long as it is put back in the same place?

also any one how to get the oil and fuel level parts off as i cant see any screws? they look glued on?

if your taking off the speedo needle dont be shocked when the speedo doesnt read anything or anything close to what you should be doing down the road

I was referring to the oil & fuel dials, i know the speedo one has to be removed, same as the clock / rev counter.

They do come off as i've taken mine out in the past, i think they just pull off if they're not screwed on. I cant remember anymore, did it ages ago.

& yeah, the speedo wont read the same. Most people stick it back on facing 0, but infact it needs to go on between -5 and -10 mph (if they existed on the dial)

will have another go when i get a chance, i just didnt want to pull too hard of the oil and fuel ones, they have like a plug not a screw.

and thanks for the help i do realise it might not read right, i am goin to take phtots of the start position with ignition on and off before i take it off.

the speedo needle is on a coil thats wound to a setting, i think if you can get underneath the dial cover use some pliers to hold the shaft still so it dont spring out of setting

and thanks for the help i do realise it might not read right, i am goin to take phtots of the start position with ignition on and off before i take it off.

All you need to do is remove the small black pin that the speedo needle sits on when your not moving. It stops the speedo dial moving below 0 but if you take it out, it'l continue to the position where you'l need to refit it.

Back