Dials not working - please help!

Hi, I have a W reg Micra Celebration, 998c 16v, and at Xmas the dials on the dashboard started malfunctioning.

At the time there was a lot of very wet weather, and I had just driven through some waterlogged roads during a long journey, so I believe this may be what caused it, or it may be a coincidence. In any case, the dials stopped working properly.

The problem is intermittent: occasionally the needles jump up and work OK, other times they are dropping and falling about, and other times they don't work at all. It's all the 3 dials,:speedo, thermo, petrol guage.

I have seen mechanics who say it could be this or that, and they have asked me to do some research to see what is likely with the car, what happens most often or if there is a common fault that happens, before they spend hours searching. I suspect it may be just the fuses going into the guages, and I would like to know a) if this is likely, and what to try first b) what parts to get to give to the mechanic so he can try to fix it and see, where to get them.

Also if anyone has a link to a website showing what and where to change? This will save me a lot of time and money if anyone can advise. I have a Haines manual but it doesn't seem to show the dials.

Hope there is someone knowledgable here who can help!

Hi, I have a W reg Micra Celebration, 998c 16v, and at Xmas the dials on the dashboard started malfunctioning.

At the time there was a lot of very wet weather, and I had just driven through some waterlogged roads during a long journey, so I believe this may be what caused it, or it may be a coincidence. In any case, the dials stopped working properly.

The problem is intermittent: occasionally the needles jump up and work OK, other times they are dropping and falling about, and other times they don't work at all. It's all the 3 dials,:speedo, thermo, petrol guage.

I have seen mechanics who say it could be this or that, and they have asked me to do some research to see what is likely with the car, what happens most often or if there is a common fault that happens, before they spend hours searching. I suspect it may be just the fuses going into the guages, and I would like to know a) if this is likely, and what to try first b) what parts to get to give to the mechanic so he can try to fix it and see, where to get them.

Also if anyone has a link to a website showing what and where to change? This will save me a lot of time and money if anyone can advise. I have a Haines manual but it doesn't seem to show the dials.

Hope there is someone knowledgable here who can help!
Hello Lizlen!
What was the problem?
My K11 suffers from the same.
Thanks!

Al colega Lizlen, por si te sirve yo lo primero que haria es desmontar el cuadro de relojes, no es muy complicado. Comprobar a simple vista las pistas del circuito impreso, no creas que es complicado, lo puedes ver facilmente si tiene alguna pista cortada, pues es un poco raro que el fallo sea común para los tres relojes. Otra opción es probar con otro cuadro de k 11. No tengas miedo en desmontar, no pasa nada, las pistas de los k 11 son todas iguales, es decir te puede valer de un cuadro a otro. Si te puedo ayudar encantado.

Back