Help ! - A light's come on!!

Katie

Half Micra Half Primera
While driving up th A1 today, what i thought to be the engine management light has come on and i cant figure out why. I wasnt in traffic, i wasnt flogging it or owt like that, just a general drivey type drive. Its been on since about 10.30 now and its not flickered or faltered since, but it remains on.

Is it the engine management? If so What can i do about it? If its not, any suggestions?!

I hope to god my 2day old car isnt broken already :down: :down:

Presuming it's an orange light?

Not a single person here could tell you what's wrong by a description. You'll need to get a fault code reading

D'oh hadnt thought of that!!

Its a little picture of the engine(?) under the temperature guage to the right of all the dials

I was convinced it might just need oil or summat topping up, but if summats gone wrong with the engine then i must have been luck as the temperature was average and it hasnt flackered all day.

jus get a 30 quid obd-ii fault code scanner off ebay.. tell you exactly whats wrong then. if you live anywhere near leicester you can use mine lol

Ill just ring the nissan garage i bought it from on monday and have a bit of a cry down the phone at them and tell them to get it fixed!

Its sorted :D

A little black plug to the right of the rocker cover had worked a little loose, dunno what it is like but pushed it back in, did a quick disconnect of the battery and its all tickety boo. Just waiting for some pictures to upload to photobucket and ill show you what i mean.

jus get a 30 quid obd-ii fault code scanner off ebay.. tell you exactly whats wrong then. if you live anywhere near leicester you can use mine lol

Not always mate, some of the older k11's dont have an OBDII compliant system on them - My K11 didnt.

Check out this link from Ed's Site - Describes how to get fault codes from the older systems.

Daz

ECU paperclip self-diag method:

*remove fusebox cover
*ignition on
*using a paperclip, short the lower left-most pins of the diagnostic plug for 2secs and remove
*the engine warning light now flashes
*long flashes represent the first code number, followed by short flashes that represents the second code number, long pause...then either the next code sequence begins or it just repeats itself.

CODE:
11=crank sensor
12=airflow meter
13=coolent temp sensor
21=ignition
43 throttle position sensor
55=all ok

turn off key to return to normal

Back