Come on North Easters!

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Right, Iv been on this board for a little while now and apart from JNE which a few members seem opposed to there has not been a proper Micra/Ex Micra meet and I think its about time we had one.

I know it was attempted in December and fell flat on its a*se but I think we should make a proper effort theres pleanty of us around. I thought pub and some drinks and maybe lunch then nobody is obliged to pay anything and its a good environment to just meet in a place and have a good time.

Im not asking for a list of names of who is coming but if anyone agrees if you could put the area you live and any dates your definatly NOT able to come we can maybe arrange something that is easy for everyone to get to and a date where most people are free, alternativley add me to MSN. Id love to meet everyone from here as Iv only seen 2 people to date.

OP
OP
danimicra8

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
well i thought if we can get all the members locations and then get a spot either where the majority are or thats in the middle of everyone so all travel the same distance. Glad to have a reply. :)

Katie

Half Micra Half Primera
I meant, im not up for bowling or owt like that, ill turn up to a car park regardless of location to look at cars and chat and even the pub, but im not going along to any activities....

If that made sense :laugh:

OP
OP
danimicra8

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Im thinkin along the lines of pub carpark have a chat look at the cars and then go in for a half and/or some decent grub and get to know the other members.

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
Oooo, when is this going to be, because im coming to Newcastle at one point to see my mate after our exams have finished during the back end of May, so if its happening around then i'll be there =]

OP
OP
danimicra8

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
No dates yet, was hoping people might start putting dates when they aren't able to come and then we can work out the best date for people.

eltaylor001

North Rep
I know what you mean Danni, hun. I'm always up for it, but its always the same, everyone always says yeah I'm going and then nobody turns up. The last micra meet I went to was around December I think and I was the only one of the people who turned up which had a micra. And jap north east yesterday there were only 3 of us from here went.

Most weekends are good for me, doesn't matter. Stick a date up and get a list going. I get paid on 25th of each month so as close after that is usually the best.

OP
OP
danimicra8

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
All girls it is, plus Kenny :) I was going to suggest the last may bank holiday weekend 24th-26th but I dont know if ill have a car then.

Katie

Half Micra Half Primera
Sounds ominous?

Im at a maybe stage today, as i might end up with a cast on my arm after a trip to the xray dept later on... cast = no driving as i cant change gear atm let alone with a plaster on it.

Im up for a micra meet just depends on how far it will be away from me. Bin to other meets before and bin let down only a few turned up. Any ideas of location?

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
eeee dani ya cheeky ###### ya sayin am a lass lol im up for a meet so far met about 10 people off here come on man north easties lets make this club grow again

OP
OP
danimicra8

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
I would have thought Sunderland would be central Durham - South and Newcastle - North. Just need to find a good meet spot Katie suggested Nissan any other suggestions any good pubs you know around about?

eltaylor001

North Rep
Sunderland or Gateshead is fine by me but don't the there areas that well in terms of pubs but I'm sure someone will have an idea. WE could just me at the storybook as usual and then decide where we wanna go from there?

Hugh

24-26 is a little close to the Santa Pod meet. Might not get that many coming so close.

Could try getting a few us together to convoy to the Santa Pod meet.

OP
OP
danimicra8

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Right... as most people are going to Santa Pod the end of may bank holiday will probably not see many people coming.

So... two ideas here, move the date to after Santa Pod.... or leave it just before then everyone can discuss arrangements for travel and things.

If you havent already take a look at the Brighton Marina Meet...Micras were born here we need to show some enthusiasm and make the north just as good as the south.

eltaylor001

North Rep
I'd be happy either way. But need to get a list together of who is up for it on the current date cos if not many are going to turn up then its best to move it. Why don't you set up a poll of suggested dates and see what we get.

Dewgel

Buy & Sell Member
lol ok andy you can come too but you have to wear a pink bra and panties set

I'm a bloke :O Does that mean I have to too? If anyone is willing to borrow the gear then so be it! :p

PS. Would LOVE to see Solarice's beast. Mate, get to the Storybook in Boldon for the NE Meet.

Steve.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
would love to bring it...but at the moment its not ready :( (its not like i can even drive it unfinished -- well i can, but i cant leave it unattended as there arent any side windows in at the moment, lol)

Edit: actually at this very min its also missing its front end :D