Hello

killie77

Buy & Sell Member
New to Micra's in fact this will be the first Nissan car i've bought.
Had quite a few car's over the years.mainly Citroens & Fiats. Prefer small car's so thought I would try a Micra.
Bought a 51 plate Micra Sport+. First impression it's a nippy little thing had to watch out for the Speed cameras coming home last night :grinning:
It's done 70000 miles, beleive it's had one owner from new. I had a look around it before i bought it yesterday. took it for a test. Car drove well but i noticed the exhaust was a bit loud.
Mentioned this to the seller who assured me the whole thing had been renewed befoe the Mot last month.
It was MOT'd middle of Jan 2010. Apart from that did not find much wrong with it, will give it a wash & Polish and try and get some Pics up.
One other thing Car starts Ok but seems to turn over a bit slow before it fires. Lazy starter Motor?

Well that's about it glad I found you guys hope to get some tips & advice as I go along
Regards
ian H

Thanks for the welcome..
Bought the car last night. been giving it a Wash and clean out.
Had a good look round It needsa new Air Filter old one is nearly black in Colour. Think I may as well change the Plugs
if their as bad as the filter. Going to do an Oil & Filter change on Monday, can someone tell me which grade it takes ?
I have a Gallon of 10w 40 semi synth would that be OK ?
Another question sorry about the long Post. The Car idles around 5-6 hundred revs is this a bit low should it be higher ?
Regrards
ian H

ian, 10w 40 is spot on for the k11 and i would say 5-6 hundred revs sound fine when its warmed up

p.s welcome to the msc (Y)

Thanks again
Does anyone know much about the 1.4 Sporting.
Never had a Micra so don't really know if i went for the right model or not.
Ian

Hi
Thanks for all the replies.
I'm based in Glasgow. between Drumchapel & Clydebank.
any other members round this way ?
Regards
Ian H

Hi
Thanks for all the replies.
I'm based in Glasgow. between Drumchapel & Clydebank.
any other members round this way ?
Regards
Ian H

yass more scottish members good to see more numbers from this side of the border again
im from paisley mate :D

ohh and welcome

Hi Mullet
Your not far from me.
Had some decent weather today. So changed (Oil & Filter/Air Filter/Spark Plugs/Fuel Filter)
Have to make the most of a Sunny Day in Glasgow dont get much of them.
Can anyone tell me if the Boot only opens with Key from outside ?. I tried the little flap down by the drivers seat but that only does the Fuel Flap
another quick question the Ariel appears to be snapped off. I tried undoing the remaining part without success. Do I have to remove the whole thing from the inside to replace.
Thanks
ian H

Hi
Thanks for the info on the Radio ariel will have a
look in halfrauds.
The lever has a petrol thing on it, I'e tried pulling it up but wont go only pushes down to open the petrol flap
any ideas ?
Regards
ian H

Back