Hello

Just thought I'd say a quick hello. Just bought my first micra. A neighbour had it sat on the drive for 12 months. I bought it for £200. It's only 1.0 but it runs very well. Should do really as its only got 25000 miles on the clock. I was that impressed I sold my other car. I'd put a pic on but I've no idea how to. Jon

Hi Agent_Sm1th :D ...Welcome

...to post a picture you'll need to first upload the image to an "hosting" site...such as Photobucket, tinypic, or imageshack..
...these sites will then provide you with a "URL" link to post here so we can see it ;)

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Greetings Agent Smith.

american-dad16_display_image.jpg

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Welcome Agent-Smith :). £200?! You've definitely dropped on with that one :cool:.

I think I struck lucky with it. It just needed a new battery an mot and wipers. I fully serviced it as well. Can't believe how cheap the parts are for it. Mpg is good as well. I get 380 miles on a tank. I do find the ride a bit boingy. I just couldn't find another word that described it.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Lows may fix boingy-ness
And welcome :D. My names Max and I like shiny Micra's. I think we're going to get on. ;).

I'm assuming you mean lowering the ride height when you say "lows".
That sounds like a plan. I use the car everyday with a round trip for work of 73 miles. Therefore I wouldn't want it to be a bone shaker.
It seems after browsing the forums here that maybe a 30mm drop isn't too bad. Just need to find the right springs now.

30 ish mm is nice and comfy, looks better too! I had tein lowering springs on 35mm drop and they were great, I just wanted less arch gap so went lower lol. Also uprated shock absorbers can make it a bit less boingy :) If you want less roll in the corners then maybe new anti roll bars too?
What you get depends on your budget really. I do mine as cheap as I can lol, others prefer to splash out on custom bits

Not too bothered about the corner rolling. Just the overall boinginess. I mostly travel on the motorway so cornering isn't too much of a concern. Does lowering effect the tracking and such like. I seem to remember from my distant past, after having a Capri lowered, it required tracking and aligning. That was 22 years ago though.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
I have 35mm apex lowering springs, front are good, spring rate at back is a bit stiff if you have no rear passengers and feels a bit crashy, I'd consider chopping rear standard springs 35mm, rear standard shocks, front standard shocks, 35mm lowering front springs.

True my rear was a tad harsh too unloaded. And yes lowering the car will change the tracking but 30mm won't do much and micras are only front wheel aligned anyway, the rear is fixed and uses a panhard rod to centtalise the axle.
You could do what davyboy on here bought his micra like and only drop the front 35mm. Or even just get uprated shocks alone.

Thanks for all the information on what I could possibly do with regards suspension. I'll let you know what I decide in the near future.