Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinribs

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys, I'm obviously new here!

Have been reading through the posts for a little while and have decided to join the forum, will join the club in a couple of weeks.

Lots of questions to ask in the technical forum. Hopefully I can be of some some help to you too.

I bought a 1998 3dr K11 1.0 Twister last week, its been well looked after, body work is a bit tatty, will get that sorted eventually, its mechanically sound, I had to put new disks on it this morning and the steering feels a bit non responsive but other than that its fine, apart from the aircon not working.

Its a great little car, so easy to work on, i had the disks done in half an hour.

Micras are great, they are every that the mini professed to be, but never ever were.

welcome to the club, do you plan any mods ?

Thanks guys!

I'm not going to go mad with the mods.
The first thing I want to do is change the suspension / wheels, will be needing advice on what to go for, just want something a bit stiffer / more posative. thought about going for the bilstein street kit, standard gas shocks and uprated springs (35mm lower).

But what i wanted to know is other people experience of dropping them down 35mm, did they need to changce the camber etc etc and what is the best size wheels to put on them.

Steering feels well heavy for a car of its size, the front tyre pressure is about 28 psi, i know it should be 33 but wouldnt have thought it'd make that much difference. Could fit powersterring i suppose, - anyway done this i wonder

May do some engine tuning

Welcome to the club (Y)
You could fit a later 1.3 with powersteering would be a good upgrade in future. Easier than retrofitting powersteering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back