Hello chaps, 1.0 - 1.3

Hello chaps, 1.0 - 1.3 (exhaust Q)

Hello fella's, Ive aquired a 5dr M reg 1.3 with a cracking engine, although it's a rot box. I've started stripping most of the bolt on bits off and transferring them to my 1.0 W plate that's is in immaculate condition.

Now my question is:

Can I remove the 1.3 unit complete with gearbox etc and just drop it into the Nats equiped 1.0, I have tried the search function but Ive failed in finding what I want know, I guess I really an a Newbie :)

Hello fella's, Ive aquired a 5dr M reg 1.3 with a cracking engine, although it's a rot box. I've started stripping most of the bolt on bits off and transferring them to my 1.0 W plate that's is in immaculate condition.

Now my question is:

Can I remove the 1.3 unit complete with gearbox etc and just drop it into the Nats equiped 1.0, I have tried the search function but Ive failed in finding what I want know, I guess I really an a Newbie :)
yes (Y)

Some people have done this but electronically i don't know. perhaps just take the whole loom out of the 1.3 aswell as ecu etc. because you want to fit the other bits aswell right?

Hello Frank, sorry for sounding like a plank mate, but can I just confirm:

I can strip out the engine and box complete from the M reg 1.3LX along with the drive shafts and just swap straight over into the 1.0 W plate Celebration?

Will I need anything else Frank?

Do I need to swap the fuel pump etc or is just engine, box, driveshafts?

Are the roll bars different on the 1.3 to the 1.0? Just a thought.

Thanks in advance Frank and everyone else

Hello Frank, sorry for sounding like a plank mate, but can I just confirm:

I can strip out the engine and box complete from the M reg 1.3LX along with the drive shafts and just swap straight over into the 1.0 W plate Celebration?

Will I need anything else Frank?

Do I need to swap the fuel pump etc or is just engine, box, driveshafts?

Are the roll bars different on the 1.3 to the 1.0? Just a thought.

Thanks in advance Frank and everyone else

all the 1.3,s and post 98 1.0,s are interchangeable stuntman, but the ancillaries on the post 2000 coilpack models are different (ecu, t/b. maf etc)

Quick question relating to the same subject...

Mine is a V plated but made in 2000 model with a coilpack...

How would I go about doing a 1.3 conversion?

Quick question relating to the same subject...

Mine is a V plated but made in 2000 model with a coilpack...

How would I go about doing a 1.3 conversion?

you would have to fit the short block only (block crank rods and pistons) and would need to drill the the crank for the dowel :eek:

you would have to fit the short block only (block crank rods and pistons) and would need to drill the the crank for the dowel :eek:

well that seems like a lot of fuss :p

Any other way round it? Like converting almost everything in the bay?

Cos I assume that the bays are the same size, if I grab a pre-nats 1.3 (if they exist?) and throw it all in could that work?

Hello one and all, I'm going to swap the engines & 'boxes over hopefully Tuesday, and I have a final couple of questions.

Are the exhausts the same? or do I need to swap the exhaust over aswell?
Are the driveshafts the same? or again do I need to swap them aswell?
Are the lower wishbones the same on an L plate 1.3 and a 1.0 W plate, the ones on the W plate are faily worn and the L plates are actually quite good.

Thanks in advance chaps

Andi :blues:

assuming your w reg one is pre-coilpack andi, then its all a straight swap :)
tho the 98 - 2000 1.0 flywheel is a bit lighter than 1.3 ones

Hello chaps, sorry for this but one last question:

When I swap the engine and box over along with the gear linkage, do I need to swap the exhaust over? Or are the 2 systems the same?

Thanks chaps

Hello chaps, sorry for this but one last question:

When I swap the engine and box over along with the gear linkage, do I need to swap the exhaust over? Or are the 2 systems the same?

Thanks chaps
its only the pre-98 1.0 that has the different gearchange/shafts/mounts etc stuntman, and its only the coilpack models that have a different exhaust system :)

Ah, so it really is just a matter of driveshafts out, engine and box out, then dump everything into my W plate engine bay?

Sorry for being so thick frank, Im not that well versed on Micras (yet) but I will be.

Thanks mate :blues:

Back