Hello all

Hello,my first post and am in need of some basic info please, plus i hope that this is in the right forum.

My daughter has just bought a 1.6 Micra Essenza C+C on a 55 plate and the heater blower has just stopped. I have looked on here and around the web and am hoping that it is just the blower resister card as this seems quite common. However the fan dosn't work on full like it should if it was just the resistor but i am hoping that this is because she has the digital climate control rather than a big manual switch. Can anyone confirm if the blower should still work if i selected full on the climate display?

Also what model does she have. I am assuming that its a K12 but i cannot find anything anywhere telling me that this is so. When i searched for the part on ebay i was given the options of choosing the Micra, Micra C or Micra I. I chose Micra C which came up as convertible when i put the year in so i assumed i was onto a good thing, this then would only let me choose K12 and then two engine sizes, a 1.4 16V or a 1.6 160 SR. Now my confusion starts with the 160 SR bit because when i was looking at what might be wrong with the fan i read (on some really old entries) that the 160 and the 160 SR are 2 different things.

I have also looked for a Haynes manual for this car but there dosn't seem to be one available as the ones i have found state that they dont cover the convertible. i am not looking to change an engine or anything major but if i wanted to change the headlights or a blower resistor card for example, would the K12 manual for normal Micras still point me in the right direction?

Sorry if i'm coming across a bit thick here but thanks in advance

Nick

Hi there.

I had a similar issue with the manuals. I can find one for the 4 door body but not the 2 door, and not with a diesel engine. I ended up downloading 3 different ones that covered all the needed categories.
Keep in mind that the micra and the Renault clio are based on the same design. They are cosmetically different, but the basic internals are common. I ended up with the renalult engine manual. Most of the K12 Micra's are interchangeable.

The blower fan is a whole process.

What I find with mine is that the plug into the blower motor doesn't make a good connection. You lift the dash and have to poke the plug and then its all working again. You have to pull the covers off the pillars in front of the door and then lift the dash out, lift front and then slide at a 45 degree angle towards you. Remember to disconnect the sensor on the front left of the dash near the windscreen. The fun part is finding the plug the first time.
The blower motor sits in the centre near the the firewall. The plug sits on the right side of the housing. Its a round moulded plastic part that is easy to see if you know what it looks like. Mine has 4 yellow wires coming together and connecting to a single thick red wire and then going into the plug.

Its a really stupid design from Nissan, probably out sourced to a kindergarden somewhere. I haven't been irritated enough to change the plug on mine yet, but I think the holidays over December are going to see me doing it. My problem is that its too hot, and the aircon doesn't work. Its going to be a hot summer down here.:D

Let me know if you find it, otherwise I will open mine up and take some photos.

To confirm the K12 model, you need to look at the VIN number in the windshield.

The first 6 letters are some identifier but the 7th one is K then 12 and then a bunch of other letters
Mine is SXXXXAK12UXXXXXXX.
At least that confirms the model.

Thankyou very much Alex, much appreciated.I removed the resistor over the weekend to find the one i got from the motor factors was totally different. I then spent about 20 mins in the Nissan parts department trying to source a new resistor from them but despite haveing the car their the bloke behind the counter couldnt find the part i needed. Whilst waiting for him i found what i needed on ebay from a Polish seller. Luckily i didn't order it as when i went to put the original one back in i poked around with the plug and found that i could make the blower work by pressing the plug in firmly. When i took a closer look at the plug and removed the blue plastic cover i found this (see image). So i need a new plug ( i think my chances of finding this are non existant new). Anyway, thanks for your help with the id and the manuals.

Attachments

• 20151010_115920.jpg
    20151010_115920.jpg
    886.9 KB · Views: 193
Back