Hello all from down south. :)

Hey there, the names Wheeler. (At least that's what people call me, it's my second name really :p) I study Electronics (so I managed to fit my audio pretty well with minimal advice), Product Design (so I'm kinda good at practical skills, helpful if I'm gonna do some custom bumper modding or whatnot myself), and Physics (....can't really apply that. Damn. :) ).

Fond this place recently after my race car driving friend managed to get me into the idea of modding my car. I drive a K10 1.0 LS (Shame about the LS bit..), and have had it since October before last when I got it from my parents for my 17th birthday. They got it for free because it was an MOT write off, and they paid 400 quid to get it repaired and MOT'able. :)

Here it is:
dsc00766vc.jpg

(hoping that works)

That's my car when I first got it... Look alot cleaner than it is now. :)

I'm a complete novice at all of this modding stuff, but have managed to pick up a few tips and tricks along the way and from scouting out around this forum I've kinda got an idea what I want to happen to my car. However, I need a job before anything serious happens. :)

I've had a REALLY rough ride with this car... and for the year and a half that I've had it it's been nothing more than a complete heart ache, and yet I couldn't love it more... It's just too charming :). I'll explain all of that when I come to become a member (I plan to get a silver account soon :D) as I'll make a blog entry for people to follow progress.

First mods that I was going to do was get a K&N Induction kit from eBay for about 70 quid, get a central locking kit, oh and a Dixie horn (Dukes of Hazard stylie :D) as mines broken and I think it'll be hillarious and epic at the same time :) (Has anyone here done that?).

Anywhom, I hope to be talking to you all soon as an Official Member of the MSC!

Cheers~ Wheeler.

hi names dot welcome. iv got the same k10 but in blue. iv looked for induction kits and you cant get for the k10. but from what iv seen you should be able to either get a bigger air box or cut the air intake pipe just above the summer/winter switch and fit a induction pipe to it and run it down to the bumper to give you that cold air feed.

there is 1 more option and that is to fit this:
http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/K10_Tuning_2079/KN_BoltOn_Air_Filter_Nissan_Micra_K10_3138.asp

this is what ill be doing once iv sorted my tax and body kit.

hope this helps.

DoT

oh and a Dixie horn (Dukes of Hazard stylie :D) as mines broken and I think it'll be hillarious and epic at the same time :) (Has anyone here done that?).

Cheers~ Wheeler.

i did on my super s, got some good looks when you did it past college or work :D everyone knew it was me beeping even it they hadnt seen the car

Haha it was tidy, it's not anymore. Will explain when I make a blog, otherwise it'll just be the same pics and story twice ;).

That sounds good, Dot, but I was looking at one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K-N-57i-Induc...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2c5332c751

Thoughts? Again I'm a complete "noob" at car mods, so I don't really know what's possible or not. Will get my friend to help me out. :)

@imp, that sounds cool, was thinking it would be good fun at college especially when the horn waves happen around the car park :D. I found these ones which look pretty good:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIR-HORNS-DIX...vr_id=&cguid=4645a7c81220a0aad403e403ff9f6438

Oh, and finally, is there somewhere where body kits for the K10 can be purchased or am I really only going to find some by getting it of broken cars?

Cheers for the welcome guys! :)

Welcome to the MSC bodykits would be a little harder to find than most cars but keep an eye out on the buy and sell section (Y) I got the k10 1.2 super s and am planning on fitting a better filter after I clean up my engine area there is a bolt on option (someone linked above) good luck! :)

Cheers mate, I'll give it a second look in that case. :)

A little annoyed right now because one of the annoyances that I've mentioned involves me losing my radio (I'm assuming you can guess why), so I've got two Infinity 6x9s on my parcel shelf not connected to anything! Got a new radio the other week but haven't had any time to get it going, finally tried yesterday, couldn't do it and got a mate of mine who can fit radios (he works at halfords) to give it a go. He couldn't figure it out so I took the radio to Halfords so they can plug it into their wall to see if the radio's busted. It wasn't... Either my Ground, ACC+ or Battery+ wires are broken. Need to pay 40 quid to get it installed now!

Not a happy bunny!! :(

Cheers mate, I'll give it a second look in that case. :)

A little annoyed right now because one of the annoyances that I've mentioned involves me losing my radio (I'm assuming you can guess why), so I've got two Infinity 6x9s on my parcel shelf not connected to anything! Got a new radio the other week but haven't had any time to get it going, finally tried yesterday, couldn't do it and got a mate of mine who can fit radios (he works at halfords) to give it a go. He couldn't figure it out so I took the radio to Halfords so they can plug it into their wall to see if the radio's busted. It wasn't... Either my Ground, ACC+ or Battery+ wires are broken. Need to pay 40 quid to get it installed now!

Not a happy bunny!! :(

no you dnt. there is only 3 wires colour match the black, red and the should be a purple? this wires is for the light and memory.

i had alot of fun fitting mine. so far iv have 2x pioneer 6x9 on the shelf, 2x 6" rear speakers and 2x front pioneer and 2x infinerty tweter plus my sub in the boot.
when i was wiring mine up i thought i was not going to have a radio as i spent ages trying to find wires thety just wernt there. lol.

hope his helps if you need more help just pm me.

dot

A purple you say... Interesting. My halfords-working friend said it would be the black one for ground (obviously), ACC+ being a red/white one and the memory one is the yellow/black(?) one.

might have to look into this in a second. :)

Cheers!

Yeah I can't see any purple wires... See if you can figure it out with this picture;

dsc01363nd.jpg

The ground cable isn't with these, I have that cable sorted, should be fine so assume that the ground's taken care of. :)

The yellow/black cable that I've been told is the memory isn't in this pic either, it's above to the right a bit.

Cheers for any help that anyone can give. :)

(Oh yeah it's not very secretive so I may as well tell you that my car got broken into recently, they tried to hotwire it but failed so nicked my radio.)

looks like a previous owner has fitted a radio before. in mine i had to do all my own wiring there was only 1 wire and that was a purple 1 and it has sorted my light and memory out. thought yours might have been the same lol. looks like it was just my car.

black with yellow stripe is ground
blue is permanant live
green with orange stripe is switched live

cant gurantee these yet
will double check all wire colours on my car tomoz for you, as ive got a h reg LS aswell

o yeah for that ground wire from the drivers seat, under the dash near where your left knee is look for a single wire plug, this is the ground on my car

I'll give that a go tomorrow in the light, will let you know if it works.

The ground cable you've described is exactly the one that I thought was my ground. I've got it screwed into a hole which is also holding a 10cm custom fit speakers.

Cheers! :)

Cheers for the tip, Andy, totally paid off! Got it going! No longer do I have to suffer the torture of looking at my speakers sat on the parcel :)!!!

glad you got it going, i know how it feels driving around in total silence listening to every anoying little sound the car can make.

oh not even the stereo in mine can block out the annoying rattles in the back! maybe i should of sorted that out instead of the wheels :D ah well there is always tomorrow (Y)

Back