heavy clutch stretching clutch cable and abs light

CMF_Mandela

» CMF Member
howdy anyone had these problems before

the clutch has always been heavy and had the clutch cable replaced and was better but it stretched out again, does anyone know what the go is?

the abs light is on doesn't bother me mechanic said needs indicator shims or something like that, would the previous owner have taken them out so could lock up the car?

smidge

» CMF Member
nah the sensors might be dirty or rooted, i'd get in there and clean it out but thats what i like to do

any history on who did the clutch? apart from having too bigger pressure plate or something misaligned i don't reallly know what else would be making the clutch heavy

micra clutches are ridiculously light usually

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
my k11 clutch have always been heavy compared to other cars i've driven. when i first drove a k12 with it's feather light clutch i thought it was broken :p

i tried lubing the cable but didn't make any difference to the weight. i quite like it actually since it gives me a more raw mechanical feeling and feels "sporty". just feels normal to me now that i've adapted to it.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Mandela,

If the standard clutch is very heavy to use then it might be a sign that the clutch is worn out and needs to be replaced.... at least that was the case with my car.

When I fitted a new clutch it was extremely light to use in comparision to the original one that was very heavy....

Back