CLUTCH CABLE BRACKET FLEX

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
Hi all, i was wondering, for those who have put in heavy duty clutches, race clutches etc, has anyone had problems with the clutch cable holder bracket thingy flexing? This is making downshifting a bit of a bitch, the higher pressure in the new clutch has already snapped the cable. its hard to put into reverse also. what did you do? brace the bracket? any suggestions? please help!

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
mmm first ive heard of such things happening...the clutch setup ive got in place is a mix and match, so its still quite light as a result ive not got any such problems.

are you sure there isnt any problems going on inside the gearbox with the clutch itself?

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
im running a nismo clutch. but jim berry has put an extra 400lbs of clamp into it. its quite heavy. i was just wondering if anyone here has had the same problems with heavy clutches?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
We've solved the issue for now.

I found that Pulsars have essentially the same metal bracket except with an extra support tac'ed in standard (triangulation).

Seems to have worked like a charm. :)

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
yeah i know. but the wank factor is awesome! hehehe seems to be driving like a normal car now. still a little notchy, but i think it should adjust out. ill do that when i move the battery into the cabin. Turbo kit will be put into it soon! wont be 250kw but hopefully have enuff power to push the clutch to full potential. hehe

Back