clutch cable snapped....

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
driving to work yesterday n the micra decided it wanted to do a burnout... so dropped the clutch for me! (or just let go of the end of the cable) haha.

anyway, i had a look at it and the part thats broken is the plastic clip that holds the cable end onto the clutch pedal.

anyone had this problem? is it a simple part bought from nissan? or am i in for a bit more trouble?

does anyone know the part no. by any chance (im dreaming here! haha)

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
ok.. no... ive had a better look in the light. and its not the plastic bit on the pedal that was just a bump stop that had snapped. its the plastic bit in the engine bay that holds the cable outer in a mount so that it can pull on just the inner. anybody had this problem?

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
yeh i got a price... 120 bucks. duno if it comes with the plastic mouning attatchment tho. also ive had a fiddle round with it and i have a bad feeling that the plastic bit although broken may not have any affect on the cable pull. in this case ive ****ed the clutch springs or some ****....

gonna compare with a mates micra n see if i can spot the difference! hah

tris WROTE:

"yeh i got a price... 120 bucks. duno if it comes with the plastic mouning attatchment tho. also ive had a fiddle round with it and i have a bad feeling that the plastic bit although broken may not have any affect on the cable pull. in this case ive ****ed the clutch springs or some ****....<BR><BR>gonna compare with a mates micra n see if i can spot the difference! hah

if your talking about the plastic bit that locates in the metal arm on the box.. then yeh, you need a new cable. between me and gtrholic, i think we've snapped 4 in total.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
ahh right... nice. so is that all that will need replacing?

did you have the same symptoms? the clutch pedal goes to the floor and sticks and obviously doesnt disengage the clutch. i was getting scared that it was maybe in the clutch itself. cos i looked at the braket and couldnt work out how it would make any difference if it was broken or not.

ill be getting a new cable then for sure.thanks turbo!

yup... that's the only part that breaks ussually. they don't last long at all when you run modified nismo pressure plates etc. ****s me why that part is plastic in the first place.. i'm sure something else could be made up instead of that plastic ****... when i could be bothered

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,
I got a new one from Nissan... Cost around $120ish about 6 months ago.
I had to come from Japan so it took like 3-4 weeks. I bought it because my current one was sticking abit I didnt want to get stranded somewhere if it decided to break. I still havent fitted it yet.

Is there any tricks/tips to fitting them?

I dont have a haynes so Im not 100% sure how to get it adjusted right.

Can some one scan the pages please???

Thanks
qwerty132

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Thanks....

I was just going to do exactly that but I have done cables on other cars and they had directions on how to adjust them correctly.

Completely off topic but is there an easy way to change the heater core in a K11?? I have been putting off fixing mine for a few weeks now.. Im not looking forward to it if I have to pull the whole dash out.

Thanks again
qwerty132

qwerty132 WROTE:

"Thanks....<BR><BR>I was just going to do exactly that but I have done cables on other cars and they had directions on how to adjust them correctly.<BR><BR>Completely off topic but is there an easy way to change the heater core in a K11?? I have been putting off fixing mine for a few weeks now.. Im not looking forward to it if I have to pull the whole dash out.<BR><BR>Thanks again<BR>qwerty132<BR>

pulling the dash out is easy as, take the centre console out, dash cluster, and then pretty much everything else comes out. 30mins, max

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Next question is do you have a spare heater core that doesnt leak???

Sorry for all the off topic questions...

Thanks
qwerty132

CMF_xero

» CMF Member
sorry to bump an old thread, but as the little plastic piece of **** in the engine bay broke.

got a new cable (at $165 **** you very much nissan...), but what i want to know is how the **** do you get the end piece of the end of the clutch pedal.
ive tried everything! and there is no way in hell i can get my bear claw sized hand in there...

any ideas please!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
xero WROTE:
how the **** do you get the end piece of the end of the clutch pedal.

ive tried everything! and there is no way in hell i can get my bear claw sized hand in there...

any ideas please!

i think i pulled the inner right out, pushed it through the baulkhead, and flicked the end over the pedal hook (finger or screwdriver iirc)
twas a long time ago but i dont recall it being difficult tho xero :)

frank

Back