Headunit problems

P

punit84

Ok basically i been waiting for ma head unit for ages now its finally arrived. but im nothaving any luck tryin to fit it. all i need is what each of the standard micra wires mean like which coulours do what. its a t reg 1999 k11. please its urgent i want it to work so badly. thanks everyone

does the micra have to white plugs on it, and the stereo have a ISO connector (black plug) if so you need the nissan wiring loom that you can get from halfrauds for about £12, you also need to run a seperate earth to the car's chassis as the standard nissan wiring loom does not have a earth in it, on the factroy H/U it uses the Areial as the earth (not very good).

Wires

Red = Switched live
Yellow = Perminant live
Green, Purple, White, Grey = speakers (i cant remember which ones they go to)

Orange = Illumination, when you turn your lights on the H/U display should dim

nice one mate im gonna go hav a nother shot at it now. i already vbought the nissan iso block but the silly thing is the h/u is just wires there is no block on it. making it even more confusin. which wires should need to be plugged in for the light on the headunit to show thas all i want rite now

Red, Yellow and ground these will give life to your H/U just to check it works

where do you live

Monkey said:
does the micra have to white plugs on it, and the stereo have a ISO connector (black plug) if so you need the nissan wiring loom that you can get from halfrauds for about £12, you also need to run a seperate earth to the car's chassis as the standard nissan wiring loom does not have a earth in it, on the factroy H/U it uses the Areial as the earth (not very good).

Wires

Red = Switched live
Yellow = Perminant live
Green, Purple, White, Grey = speakers (i cant remember which ones they go to)

Orange = Illumination, when you turn your lights on the H/U display should dim

aerial is used for the earth yes but when the hu is put in the cage that it sits in is in contact with a screw which is in contact with the chassis, no need to run an extra earth lead tbh

hughes_16v said:
aerial is used for the earth yes but when the hu is put in the cage that it sits in is in contact with a screw which is in contact with the chassis, no need to run an extra earth lead tbh

Ive always put an extra earth in for 2 reasons,

1, not all H/Us earth properly through the case and some dont

2, and i can play around with the H/U when its not screwed in if im installing something or need to get behind it or installing it it just makes life easier

can NEVER have enuff earths,,what would yopu rather do?

1.finish fitting the unit 2 mins early,and risk setting your car on fire
2.fit an extra earth and have it safe and fitted properly?

didnt ask for an ear bashing was just saying that most are earthed threw the cage and that they would be no need for an extra earth if thats the case!

ok people no fighting please. monkey that is so nice of you to offer but that its far away. althou i am still having problems. would it be possible for some1 who knows exactly what im going through to give me their hotmail so we can messenger and do it whilst you speak. i took it to halfords n he said that its quite a big job an hour atleast.

not your earthing info rik mate, thats spot on...
im talking halfords saying its big job, and will take over an hour...

you know what halfords will say...

punit84 did they offer to fit it for you???

take it your the one who is emailing me lol - sorry due, im up to scratch now, thats weird as to why you aint got a block - can u not take a pic of the back of the HU and send it to me or post it?

everyone is so darn nice jeeeeees what a community. well i dont know where but i was searching on this site (cant remember what i searched) but someone said to put both yellow n red wires into the red micra wire and hey presto. i done it. took precisly 12 hours atleast 10 posts but i done it. no money needed. thanks everyone. although one problem is still the bloody ground. what do i do with it. what coulour is it on the micra (there are two). thanks again everyone especially the one about 2wires go into 1.thanks

punit i think twas me in another thread...

i put them together so i can play stereo even with out the keys in...

ground it anywhere on the chassis...

the ground on the micra is black, with siler mark every half inch...

hope this helps...

ground it tho lad...

no sound

hi, i av been avin problems with my headunit it kept goin off so took it to shop and they sed works fine so checked all wire n found it was the earth wire that must av broke so conected another up n now work fine...part from now have no sound grrrrr. so i tried it in mates car still no sound so i tried his headunit in my car and it worked fine with sound so thought must be my headunit so took it bak to shop n they tried it n works fine still : S so im confused on wot cud be rong.... any one got any ideas please help

cheers danny

when i grounded my headunit i just screwed the wire onto metal part of where the old unit was screwed into too. There will be 2 holes to the left and right of your new one. Thats where mine went.

Back